Thank you UU! I got the "The One"

Reaction score
I posted a thread asking if I goofed to see if I got the "wrong" first uke and thru some information, I found that while what I got wasnt bad, there was better for the price. You guys gave me some really good info and contacts, but no one I emailed or messaged got back with me so I went back to a local (mom & pop) music shop I knew had Ukes to take a look around.

And I came home with this beauty.

20170215_165457_zpspbetntwy.jpg
20170215_170052_zps8bkd81p5.jpg

While it isnt "setup" like some people do, this particular model had 0 fret snag (only one on the wall that didnt), the action was also the lowest, it was the brand I was looking for (they also had Gold Tone, Kanaloa, Amahi Makala and a few others), its a tenor, and I wanted something different (color/wood/trim etc). Not only that but this was the loudest and when I pulled it off the wall, was almost perfectly in tune. I asked the sales guy some questions and he threw in the soft case and a slight price drop, so I left grinning like an idiot.

Oh, and a nice surprise to me, bone nuts. I was already happy it had closed tuners but the bone makes me really happy for some reason (thats what she said)

So again, thank you guys. You were super helpful and Im really happy now. I am also experiencing G.A.S. as I want more...

Yay :) Looks nice - pacific walnut I'm guessing. Kala make some great affordable ukes.

Yay :) Looks nice - pacific walnut I'm guessing. Kala make some great affordable ukes.

Yes indeed (to both). This ended up being only $20 more than the Luna I got that had Snoop Dogg high action and sharp fret edges.

Yes indeed (to both). This ended up being only $20 more than the Luna I got that had Snoop Dogg high action and sharp fret edges.

This one's less girlie looking too :rofl:

(I am completely joking.)

Congrats on getting a nice uke for such a good deal!

Does your local shop do setups? If not, one can learn and it only requires a minimum of tools, but if it feels good right now, you might be lucky and have gotten one that was decent out of the box, like my own Kala KA-T...until I played a Flea...but dont worry about that just yet...

Best of luck to you!

UU folks are here to help, so please dont be shy.

Congrats on getting a nice uke for such a good deal!

Does your local shop do setups? If not, one can learn and it only requires a minimum of tools, but if it feels good right now, you might be lucky and have gotten one that was decent out of the box, like my own Kala KA-T...until I played a Flea...but dont worry about that just yet...

Best of luck to you!

UU folks are here to help, so please dont be shy.

You were a big help my friend.I like it, and I feel that I will end up with a few more ukes before this is all done.

I do feel that, while it isnt to perfect spec setup wise, it is a good bit better than the Luna in that regard. Its also holding tune WAY better. The shop I got it from could do a setup, but they dont do it for free so I was happy it wasnt bad when I got it.

Congrats on a great looking and great-playing uke! I hope it brings you many hours of joy!

Congrats! I happy you found "The One"!!

You're off to a great start. Down Load the Uke Syllabus and get to practicing. I hope you have a tuner too?

It's a grand adventure you've started.

Now you've just got to stay faithful to "The One."

You're off to a great start. Down Load the Uke Syllabus and get to practicing. I hope you have a tuner too?

It's a grand adventure you've started.

i have the Guitar Tuna App on my phone and its doing wonders.

Last edited:
I have the acoustic/electric version of that uke. I'm very pleased with mine.

:shaka: Yay! Nice uke.....enjoy and welcome to UU :)

I have the acoustic/electric version of that uke. I'm very pleased with mine.

i am a little jealous of the electric portion, i would love an electric version of this. but here what kills me with this one: Got it yesterday, was a half step out of tune in store. NBD, tuned it and came home with it. Got it out hours later, was just slightly out of tune on 2 strings, I was impressed at that (comparing it to the Luna I had). Played for a while, enjoyed it, put it in the case. Took it out just now, still spot on with the tuning. My les paul didnt even hold that well....

Congratulations! It's always wonderful when serendipity places something special in our lives!

Top Bottom