Howdy from the State of Jefferson

bikemech

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been reading here on the UU forums for some time now and I thought I'd take the time to finally register and say, Hi. And let me take the time also to thank Aldrine and all who manage to keep this place running. Good work.

I'd also like to thank those of you who post regularly and share your knowledge, experience and opinions. Your posts are often insightful, inspiring, and entertaining. I'll do my best to contribute where and when I can.

Like many of you, I come from a guitar background. I focused mainly on classical guitar in my earlier studies (though I began those studies later in life - sometime in my 30s, I think) and later moved to steel string. Now I focus entirely on the ukulele and have for a couple of years.

I have managed to entice a number of people to take up this little instrument- including my brother, two of my neighbors (a married couple), and now my wife! I give regular lessons to my neighbors and wife.

And finally, another "Thank you!" I have learned most of what I play on the ukulele on youtube and other free resources on the internet. A special shout out to Al at Uke Hunt, Barry at Gotaukulele, Richard at EZfolk and Aldrine for this forum and for his play-along videos.

Ok. This is verging on too long a post.

David

hola from sunny Arizona! Welcome David

Hey, if you're from the State of Jefferson area, I'm guessing it's northern/northeastern California. If so, you *definitely* need to make plans (now, the tickets are selling out quickly) to attend the Reno Uke Fest in early April. It's not that far of a drive and you'll be inspired by the workshops, by jamming with others, by the many products available and by the concerts. 'Hope to meet you in person there!

Welcome! To me, the State of Jefferson is Virginia. If that is the case, howdy from next door. If not, howdy anyway :)

Thank you all.

Tonya has the correct State of Jefferson. (I never thought of Virginia as the State of Jefferson, but it makes sense.) I am not in NorCal however, I am at the far northern reaches of the proposed state in the Medford, Oregon area.

I am not much of a traveler so I don't think I'll end up at UkeFest, but I'll check it out. Who knows? Thanks for the info.

David

Top Bottom