Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUBD: Kala Rumbler...

Default NUBD: Kala Rumbler...

Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

So, where do I find a note chart for what to play? Mostly play off of song sheets with words and chords...
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns

For a very simple bass, follow your song sheet chords by playing the note of the chord and then the 5th note of that chord, like for a C chord, pluck a C note (third fret of the A string), then a G note (third fret of the E string or 5th fret of the D string). Keep the tempo with each chord change and that will get you started.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    the 5th note of that chord
    Thanks, Mike! I've been just a pure strummer, don't know music theory, how do I determine the 5th note? Is that the circle of fifths thing?
    Last edited by UkerDanno; 02-21-2017 at 04:48 AM.
    Just Play

Next step will be an amp, what is a good, not too expensive option? I'll probably look on craigslist for something used...

this looks interesting...
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/5977284075.html

otherwise, a new Fender Rumbler 25 for $100 would be tempting and about my price range.
    Last edited by UkerDanno; 02-21-2017 at 05:32 AM.
    Just Play

Quote Originally Posted by UkerDanno View Post
    Thanks, Mike! I've been just a pure strummer, don't know music theory, how do I determine the 5th note? Is that the circle of fifths thing?
    I should have mentioned that it's rather easy, it's a pattern so to speak, the 5th is always apart by a certain number of frets and strings, it's consistent, no matter what note you're playing, the fifth is always one of these two frets, you can use either one. I mix them up, sometimes I'll do the fifth in one direction, sometimes in the other direction. Use one finger to play the first note and the short step fifth, or use one finger then a second finger to play the first note and longer step fifth (I use my middle finger and pinky, some people use the index finger and ring finger, but it's totally up to you which fingers you want to use).

Last edited by kohanmike; 02-21-2017 at 08:07 AM.

I just recorded a video as a better example.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I just recorded a video as a better example.

Thanks for the info. This says the video is private...
    Just Play

Oops, it's set for public now, try again.

Mahalo, Mike!
    Just Play

Thread Information