The Ukulele Site podcast

Btw Rainer, some issues with international shipments ; pearl/ rosewood and now the combination of the two… getting ridiculous. Stay tuned for some changes coming up from more than just us. What will create more options for some will create less for others. So it seems. For someone like you it might not make a difference. Some could even be happy about it.
Thanks for the heads up. I hope you will still be able to send to international customers! And I'm waiting to find out more about what this means for your business (and others, both makers and stores). If rosewood and pearl are getting endangered, then of course we must take steps to prevent that. I'm not fixed on these items per se, but interested in anything a skilled luthier turns into a a good looking and nice sounding instrument. While I think this might provide a good opportunity for exploring different materials, I'm worried to be cut off from the market. Anyway, I'm glad that I was able to acquire some world-class instrument before these restrictions took place.

The HMS podcasts are a must listen for any uke enthusiast, whether you're a beginner or professional or even a builder. These guys have decades of intimate experience with ukuleles of all sorts, they've seen everything and they talk about a wide variety of topics. I really appreciate the informal discussion style of the podcasts, almost like you're in the conversation with them. Very enjoyable to listen to.

I keep hoping to find an interview with you on one of the episodes. ;)

If you are not an Apple person, you can watch many, if not all of the podcasts on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HawaiiMusicSupply/videos

I prefer to listen to podcasts rather than watch them (they're great for long walks, train/car journeys, doing chores around the house etc) so I use a podcast app; you don't need an iphone for that (I am SO not an Apple person! ;)), there are plenty of Android apps (I use Podcast Addict; AntennaPod is good too, and there are dozens of others that I haven't tried).

I hope they update with some more episodes soon!

Top Bottom