Hello from Hawaii

asakamoto

Reaction score
My name is Alvin and I am new but very passionate when it comes to ukuleles. Some of my musician friends convinced me about a year ago to take up the ukulele after being retired almost 5 years ago. I am an older guy that is not savvy in social media and it took me a while just to figure out how to insert a photo in my profile. Anyway I have been taking UU's online lessons for the past 2 months and find a lot of my questions especially in music theory being explained in a way that I can understand. Anyway, I thought I would join the forum to learn as much as I can. Thank you.

Aloha Alvin!

I have also only recently joined the UU program (mainly cuz I never had time before). I took lessons before and the UU program blows it away!

The only thing that sucks for me is I live in Hawaii too and I work full time so I never get to attend the live sessions. Other than that, this is the best place to take your progression further!

Hey come on down to The Ukulele Site in Haleiwa...you can meet some really good guys that work there...Aaron,Noah,Mike,Corey and Kalei...I show up on the weekends sometimes and just hang out and talk story..i am old guy too...haha

Welcome to UU. Always very jealous of all you Hawaii based members. SO many uke shops to hang around in.

E komo mai to da site ... and take up hawaii 50 on his offer at da Ukulele Site aka HMS.

Thank you to all for your welcome notes. Thank you Hawaii 50 and Kanaka916 for your invitation to visit HMS. That is the first place that I visited about a year ago and found a great instructor with Aaron Crowell. HMS is like a candy store of ukuleles and I'm not sure I have the will power to just visit and not purchase another instrument.

Aloha, Alvin!

Lord willing, I will be returning to HNL this Summer for vacation after July 5th until around mid-
August :) I work for Seattle Public Schools and have a teacher's schedule for work although I am
a Middle School Assistant Secretary :)

I'm generally at the Makai Food Court with the lei-making Aunties near Cinnabon, Aja, and Honolulu
Cookie, singing, playing and talking story with them. Please come and join us. You can text me at
(206) 234-6972 to see if I am there :)

in the past, at the Ukulele Festival Hawaii, Andrew Kitakis of HMS has very generously had an additional
kanikapila tent set up next to or behind their vendor tent for our use throughout the Festival! Mahalo, Andrew!

hope to visit with you this Summer,
keep uke'in',

Aloha and welcome to the UU......glad you joined!!

Top Bottom