How can you be beginner if you can't register?

JackLuis

Reaction score
My neighbor wanted to signup on UU, but he can't answer the "random question", "What is this forum about?"

I don't remember having this question as a barrier to registration?

Can anyone tell me how to answer this so I can get Gary up on the UU?

I posted about this in Site Suggestions a while back hoping the mods would see it, as I saw numerous complaints about this on "that other" ukulele site. I even tried to register myself and for the life of me could not come up with the answer to "What is this site about?" random question I got - I tried every possible spelling of those instruments we play and - nada.

Then I remembered that in Hawaiian the plural of ukulele is - ukulele, not ukuleles. And it worked. So - sort of a trick question and being a mainlander, not something that might have occurred to me had I not spent a lot of time in Hawaii as a kid. Since this is an international site, I dunno... mixed feelings on this! I've studied several languages and no two handle plurals the same way - some don't differentiate singular/plural, some do, some add a letter or a syllable... But if I was a newbie trying to register, I probably would have given up and moved on.

I had experienced the same issue when I tried to register. And I don't really know how I eventually got registered. It might have been the singular "ukulele" though.

Wait, Ukulelecat. There's another ukulele site?

Last edited:
Apparently ukulele worked. "Gary Country" is now on the site. Thanks guys.

My neighbor wanted to signup on UU, but he can't answer the "random question", "What is this forum about?"

I don't remember having this question as a barrier to registration?

Can anyone tell me how to answer this so I can get Gary up on the UU?
I had the same problem. I tried so many times that I got recognized by the forum software as a "spambot" and had to register with a different name than I had originally chosen. I even entered the term "random question" in the forum search and couldn't find an answer!

Gary is now trying to set up a YouTube channel so he can join the Seasons. Wow, it took me about five minutes to set up my channel. It took us about fifteen minutes to find the instructions to do it. Why do they always start out explaining everything but how to do it?

Same problem ,[ random question] was using firefox , opened registration page with internet explorer and all was fine !

Same problem ,[ random question] was using firefox , opened registration page with internet explorer and all was fine !

I just think the answer to that question needs to be a bit easier to confirm to save newbies the frustration.

Well today I helped Gary get all his ducks in a row so he can use the UU and the Seasons, Youtube channel all set up and posted his first video on the Island of Misfit Seasonestias.

I think the random question needs to have a bit more flexible answer interpretation algorithm.

I used the same answer on ie as i used on firefox ,so must be a browser problem with the firefox version have!

Now Gary is having a problem YouTube won't let him sign in on his computer, but he can upload videos with his Kindel? I think it because he uses Internet Explorer.

Top Bottom