Hello from Sacto , the best part of California

Gary Country

Reaction score
I've played a guitar for years, but about year ago my buddy next door was playing his ukulele in his bAck yard, I went over and was soon hooked. I now have several ukulele. We play ukulele baritone mostly. I'm the Gary in the "Sunburst Singers" in two videos post under 261. Looking forward to posting more videos.

Welcome, Gary. Would Sacto be short for Sacramento? I've never heard it spoken as such.

Welcome, Gary. Would Sacto be short for Sacramento? I've never heard it spoken as such.

Locally we sometimes refer to Sacramento as "Sacra-tomato" as there are many acres of tomato grown in the area.

And I'll tell you the same thing I tell anyone in this region: Don't miss the Reno Uke Fest from April 6-8 at The Nugget. If you're "new" to ukulele or the ukulele community, you'll be amazed. Lots of vendors, great workshops, top-notch performers and fun jamming with others (who previously were total strangers). This event is a no-brainer if you're within a five-hour drive of Reno. Seriously (I've been to 29 ukulele festivals and I speak from lots of experience!).

See: http://ukulele.cafe/reno2017/

Last edited:
Top Bottom