KoAloha Opio Spruce Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
As in funky James Brown?

Ah, sorry - bit tired - slow on the uptake today!

DaveY nailed it.

The hardest working man in show business. I loved the way he'd finish down on his knees and have to be helped off stage while he struggled to continue.

I saw on your website that this review was coming and was waiting with baited breath - I've been considering an Opio for a high-G instrument to complement my low-G Blackbird Clara. The review was very helpful, I think I'm going to stay away from the spruce-topped tenor and look at an Opio concert in Acacia, since I really want a great strumming uke.

Concert version is my current dream uke. Beautiful. Like the red tuners on the concert even better.
I also adore the jewel like red amber tuners on the concert size Opio. And they don’t stick out like micky mouse ears on the tenor.

Thank you Baz for this review. Yes, the spruce top looks a bit odd but it does not diminish the exceptional quality. What a fantastic uke! I haven’t played the tenor, but the Concert Opio is stunning -- well balanced, resonant and easy to play. The Musubi sound hole, figured solid acacia wood and overall elegant design makes it a winner. Add to that Aloha spirit is infused with every KoAloha, along with their exceptional "Better Than The Weather" warranty.

BTW - I have a stunning, brand new, all Acacia Koaloha Opio Concert available to rehome. It was a gift and hand picked for me at the KoAloha factory in Honolulu. I don’t need it because I have a KoAlana Mahogony made by KoAloha (a precursor to the Opio) that I love love love. It’s my favorite ukulele and doesn’t like being upstaged by Opio. I have not placed in the marketplace, but I am open to cash offers, or trade. Please PM me for pictures, discussion, or more info. Forgive the hijacking of this thread. I couldn’t resist.:rolleyes:
:rulez:

I like those tuners, too. You have an embarrassment of riches.

Great review. I had sapele version and it was ok but I think the spruce acacia would be perfect. I gotta play one myself to pull the trigger so hope to try one sometime. KoAloha make great uses. I live the crown headvstock, 15 fret neck joint and unibrace make these ukuleles very light and they feel good to hold.

Top Bottom