Season 264 - The Sounds of Simon

Tootler

Reaction score

This week's theme is very simple. Songs written by Paul Simon.

Please note, it's songs written by him so please don't include songs by other writers he has covered either solo or with Art Garfunkel.

Paul Simon is one of the foremost songwriters of our time and it's time we had a week devoted to his songs. No excluded songs, bring his well known and his less well known ones. All are good. I'm sure you folks will do his songs justice and I look forward to your interpretations of a great singer & songwriter.

Usual Rules
a) Ukulele should be the main instrument though other instruments are fine in addition.
b) Start and finish midnight Hawaii time on Sunday as usual so 8 days.
c) Multi tracking, plugging in etc. are all OK
d) Three song limit. I might ease up on this later in the week.

Playlist

:shaka: Excellent! :shaka:

Good thinking Geoff! Should be a great week :)

Paul Simon is one of the foremost songwriters of our time and it's time we had a week devoted to his songs.

What! We've never had a week devoted to "Rhymin' Simon?" I agree! It's definitely overdue! He is one of the foremost songwriters of our time, and one who has incorporated both a multitude of cross cultural influences and developed an appreciation by a world-wide audience. Great theme Geoff!

Snuck in during halftime of the North Carolina-Duke basketball game. A bit of a rush job, but it's such a fun song. One of these days I'll get the whistling chord pattern right.

Season 264. Submission 1. "Red Rubber Ball" (Written by Paul Simon and Bruce Woodley, 1965.)
(Hit recording by The Cyrkle)

Thank for Geoff for this great theme. (I've played this on a 6 string for you. :) )

By a strange coincidence, only last week I used an Amazon voucher to grab a bargain box set of all the Simon & Garfunkel studio albums. But...I am going to get in quick with this one from my favourite of his solo albums.

Another bit of an experiment. I multi-tracked six takes on top of each other. This song is from my favorite Simon album, "There Goes Rhymin' Simon," and the melody is partially based on a Bach work.

Top Bottom