I'm Infamous!

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, so today I went to my local Farmers' Market - a place I have occasionally played, and where the previous music liaison told me that "a ukulele is not a musical instrument"- and one of my favorite vendors asked what I thought about the mini-documentary on Facebook.

As I don't use Facebook, I had no knowledge of what she was talking about, and she said that one of the former market workers had done a small promotional video , about 5 minutes long, and it opens with me playing the uke at the market.

Well, I finally found a way to watch the video, and yup... when it opens, there are musical notes being plucked, and then there I am with my Donaldson, with audio of me playing "Gentle On My Mind" (The strumming on screen doesn't match the video).

The music is used throughout the video as the background, with my singing and playing featured in spots - I only made the one short on-camera appearance.

I do get credit for supplying the music at the end.

Pretty snazzy - I just wish someone had let me know about it, even if it was only posted 3 days ago.

I think this is a link to the video: (I can't play it on my computer, I have to use my Kindle Fire to see it.)

Whee!

-Kurt​

(I'm scheduled to play there next on April 9)

Last edited:
That was great! Just sorry that they did not give you a heads up.

That is great. What a fine surprise that must have been!

Kurt,
I saw the video after your email, but must publically say, "hurray and awesome job!"
You are now famous and I can say, I knew you when... (you can fill in the blanks! )

A nice bit of fingerpicking and singing Kurt. Good work.

...the previous music liaison told me that "a ukulele is not a musical instrument"...

:mad:

You should have handed a uke to them and said "Okay then, let's see what you can get out of it!"

It certainly sounds musical in hands. Nice playing!

Top Bottom