Program for writing down tabs?

Kayak Jim

Reaction score
I'm looking for a "word processor" type program by which I can write down tabs. I don't need all the features something like Guitar Pro offers with playback, etc., and I don't need standard music notation.

Currently I'm hand writing on blank four line staff paper, and it gets a bit messy showing hammers, pulls, etc. I'd like to be able to "type" the material including notations so it's easier for me to read and to send to others.

Is there something out there?

Hmm, not exactly what you're asking for, but if you have an iPad, you might want to look at Progression, which I think is the "lite" version of Guitar Pro. But it hasn't been updated in a long time and it might be better to get the Notion app which is more general purpose but supposedly does everything Progression does (and much more). Either certainly does much more than you're asking but they can be simplified down to just show tab, export to PDF to send to others, etc. And they are a lot cheaper than the desktop versions where you will pay for all that power that you probably won't use.

Top Bottom