Greetings from Alberta, Canada!

chris_

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been playing the uke for a few years now, but I'm brand new to the forums here. I like to go to local (Edmonton) uke circles and most weekends I do an hour or so of busking at the farmers' market.

I've still got my first ukulele (Mahalo brand soprano, more of a toy than an instrument), but can hardly stand playing it with all the intonation woes.

My second uke, a Cordoba 20TM-CE (tenor, acoustic/electric with cutaway) was recently broken in a car accident :( -- so I'm just about to start a thread looking for advice in choosing a new one.

Looking forward to many discussions with the fine folks here.

Welcome to UU from a fellow Canadian. This is a great place to hang out, learn and share with like minded uke fanatics:p Sorry to hear about your damaged uke, you will get a lot of good recommendations from knowledgeable folks. Make sure you state your budget.......price range can be huge.

Hey Chris , welcome. I'm just up the road from you at Westlock. Been a member for sometime now. This place is the very best I've found for learning, folks are always willing to help or provide advice. Were you perhaps at the last Ukulele circle in St Albert ?

Hey Chris , welcome. I'm just up the road from you at Westlock. Been a member for sometime now. This place is the very best I've found for learning, folks are always willing to help or provide advice. Were you perhaps at the last Ukulele circle in St Albert ?

Cool! I've never been to the St. Albert circle yet, but I've gone to the Bogani one lots and the Blackbird one a couple times.

I haven't been to the Blackbird cafe , I think it's Monday nights and. I have meetings on Mondays. When/where is the Bogani one ? The St Albert one is Sunday afternoons at City Hall. It was my first one, seemed like a nice group of people. They sent me an email with the dates and songs. I can pm you if you're interested.

Top Bottom