Thread: Hi from HI

Default Hi from HI

I don't know how to play the ukulele - tried but there's not enough strings!

One day after a Tai Chi session at a recreation center, I saw one of the ladies with a uke case so I asked her about it. She said there's a group that meets in the same room & that I'd be welcome to join them. Told her that I don't have a ukulele, only a guitar. She said that's fine - there's between 5 - 16 ukulele players + an acoustic/electric bass.

It's nice cuz I have a backpack style gig bag for my classical guitar so I can ride my Segway to Tai Chi & music.

After playing with them for a few months, a few of them asked if I wanted to join another group which has nearly 20 players, two guitarists & cajon. This group also has a number of very accomplished singers. They sporadically have a bass player, so I brought my electric bass & amp a few times. Was fun & the bass added to the sound but I'm not thrilled with lugging my amp around.

That's where I ended up on this forum; I saw favorable reviews of the Blackstar Fly3 Bass by katysax & kohanmike and ordered one. When it arrived I thought it wasn't loud enough, but took it to a session with 10 ukuleles & it worked! (Thanks for the great advice.)

Thanks, Camsuke. Are you located south of Sydney? I got to spend a few days in Australia en route to a project in the Solomon Islands years ago. Mostly overnights in Brisbane - wish I had taken time off to do some sightseeing.

Thread Information