Thomastik-Infield: Cut the end?

OhioBelle

Reaction score
Hello Fabulous Forum!

I installed a new TI .027 on my Primrose soprano. It has a slot bridge, so I knotted the red tail . What should I do with the excess? Is it like the Guadalupes and shouldn't be cut without a drop of super glue?

IMG_5807.jpg

What do you all do?

THANKS! :eek:

I just cut the ends off like any other strings I use.....but that is just me

Hello Fabulous Forum!

I installed a new TI .027 on my Primrose soprano. It has a slot bridge, so I knotted the red tail . What should I do with the excess? Is it like the Guadalupes and shouldn't be cut without a drop of super glue?

View attachment 98614

What do you all do?

THANKS! :eek:
A little heat does it as well.

Cut and superglue is what I do with all my Thomastik flatwound mando family strings. I'll be doing the same when I install my 2 TI classical guitar bass strings on my baritone.

bratsche

I should have known better and asked here on UU before I installed the T-I D and G strings on my Pono Bari. I cut the red off the first string and then noticed it was unraveling a bit, so I did not cut the red off the second one. It looks a bit odd, I'll do it right next time when I change strings. I didn't know about glue or heat. The slightly unraveled end is tucked under the adjacent string (I always tuck my tails). It's been on several months with no issues. The headstock end, also clipped only, is also fine. I think the bridge end wants to unravel especially because you are handling it more in the knot tying process.

I guess heat does make a lot of sense on a nylon string and/or or synthetic wrap material. I always use flame from a lighter to keep nylon rope from fraying whenever I cut a length of it. Duh!

bratsche

Aww, you woke him up just for the photo! Thank you, now this is a proper OhioBelle-with-photo thread! :)

Top Bottom