Hail hail rock and roll:

JJFN

Reaction score
RIP Chuck Berry one of the godfathers of r & r!

Are we not going to talk about the lose of Chuck Berry? One of the most influential musicians during the birth of rock and roll?

Are we not going to talk about the lose of Chuck Berry? One of the most influential musicians during the birth of rock and roll?

Mr. Berry was one of the most influential guitarist during the birth of rock and roll You can not listen to his music and not smile, You Never Can tell, Maybelline, Sweet Little Sixteen and on and on. Tremendous music, Never to be duplicated.

Chuck was always the coolest guy in the room.

Every time an influential musician passes I try to learn a song or two of theirs as a tribute. Sadly my song repertoire has grown a lot in the past year. Oh well, time to go look for some Chuck Berry inspiration on YouTube.

Mr. Berry was one of the most influential guitarist during the birth of rock and roll You can not listen to his music and not smile, You Never Can tell, Maybelline, Sweet Little Sixteen and on and on. Tremendous music, Never to be duplicated.

Except of course by him.....a concert at an RAF station in England...Chuck goes off into a face melting solo...finishes ...looks at the "borrowed " band and says...what song wus we playing cos they all sound the same to me ....Yes they did . They all sounded brilliant .

Open Mic at Blenkinsopp Inn Northumberland UK tomorrow...I know what I'm going to play......You Never Can Tell (piano)Johnny Be Goode(geetar) Sweet Little Sixteen (Yook).......

We play "Johnny B. Good" often. Just watched "Cadillac Records" where Mos Def played Chuck Berry. Chuck was a great entertainer.

Last edited:
Except of course by him.....a concert at an RAF station in England...Chuck goes off into a face melting solo...finishes ...looks at the "borrowed " band and says...what song wus we playing cos they all sound the same to me ....Yes they did . They all sounded brilliant .

Open Mic at Blenkinsopp Inn Northumberland UK tomorrow...I know what I'm going to play......You Never Can Tell (piano)Johnny Be Goode(geetar) Sweet Little Sixteen (Yook).......

Station Hotel, Loftus N. Yorks for me and it'll be Sweet Little Sixteen as it's the only one I know the words without having them in front of me.

Top Bottom