Season 266: Foreign Language

Greetings,

Thanks so much for a great week, I wanted to do a Catalan song, but ran out of time to learn any. It was quite a blast, I am glad to at least have gotten one song in.

Ciao e Gracias.
Gina

The link in post#169 ain't working Janet....

There! Got it working. Can't figure out why it wouldn't post correctly last night. Seems to work now :) Thanks and thanks for all the vids you did for Sara this week! Many, many good songs from everyone this week. I was able to watch and comment at the beginning of the week and then was working on mine.

Great week Sara!

Yes! I've done it! I have survived to my first season like host!!! I need to order all my ideas and feelings. For me it has been a very exciting season: to see how despite the difficult challenge that for many of you I have raised, you have worked hard to sing in a language that is not yours. It seems to me that in my life I have given thanks as much as in this week, but if there is a feeling that invades everything, it is gratitude.
Here you have the last summary of the week. I hope all the videos are in the corresponding lists, if I have left any, please tell me.
Tonight I will sleep calm and very satisfied of the experience like host. I'm sure, when I recover, I'll do it again.

Ukuleledaddy: Aloha Oe: Wow! I've touched! You know I've sung with my youngest son, and I see you and I can feel the emotion to sing together. A real pretty song (we sing in catalan too ;-) and wonderful vocals. Congrats to both of you, to Evie a great applause, like Linda says is not easy and she has sung delicated and beautiful. I love it!! Thanks for sharing this emotive moment.
Robinboyd: バンザイ ~好きでよかった~ ウルフルズ
: Robin you have made a very good job with japanesse.! If I find english difficult, I can't imagine Japanesse ;) Thanks for sharing this pretty song!
weegingayin: Symbiosis: You are a master of creativity! Funny and very well done. You always leave me with my mouth open (I don't kown if this expression works in english....) Thanks for sharing!
Coolforcats99: La Poupée Qui Fait Non: I Didn't know this one and I love it! Well done, I love your ukulele and your playing. Thanks very much for sharing.
IamNoMan: Que será, será: Tommy you know I love your playing style! Good one, your vocals are great and your choise perfect. Always I've liked this song very much. Thanks for sharing!!
Uke4dia: Il Cavallo di Legno: What a difficult choise! This one is a great song! Your ukulele (is it a fluke, right?) Sounds perfect, and the solos are beautiful! Very good job here, congrats!!
Car Singer: Bean Páidín: Wow This song is a discovery! I love it! And I love your strumming, it works perfectly here. Very good job and choise I enjoyed very much!! Congrats!
Myrnaukelele: Jardin d’hiver: This video is a real gift!! Ohh Myrna you have made me very happy. I missed you in this season and you are here!! Thanks for recovering you old vid and give us this pretty one. I love the song and your impeccable playing. Thanks a lot!!
Theonlyukethatmatters: Clandestino: Ralph que bien que queda esta canción tocada en el ukulele!! Me encanta! Me gusta mucho esta canción, por todo lo que dice. Y tu lo has hecho muy bien. Muchas gracias por participar.
UkuleleLow: Bahay Kub
: What a pretty song! The ukulele fits perfectly in this one. Thanks for sharing!
UkuleleLow: La pistola y el corazon
: Your smoth style fits very well in this song. Your accent is really good!! Felicidades!!
Barbablanca: Einheitsfront Lied : Sembles un autèntic alemany!!! I'm sure that people who speaks more of two languages have a privileged brain and if above play ukulele like you do then... "és per treure's el barret" ;-) Congrats
Plastik uke: Tavaszi Szél: Ohhhhhh what a beautiful delivery in the last moment!! I love folk songs, and this one too. Very good job!!
dweiglein : Sukiyaki: I didn't know this one before this season and I've been lucky to listen it twice! Thanks a lot for this wonderful song.
Ddanner: Ojibway Square Dance: Thanks Dennis for teaching us this funny song (I don't Know why, but I think this is funny) Your video is great: with lyrics and chords. You are a master!! Thanks a lot again!
Mikeontheuke: Go!!: Yes! It's a quick and pretty song! Thanks for sharing!!!
Bonesight: Estic perdut o m’he trobat?: Janet you ALWAYS makes me laugh!! I'm very impressed, and I only can say two things to you: first one: THANKS! I can not imagine a better ending for my season, and the second one: Your catalan is very GOOD I could understand the whole song. Thanks for your effort, and for your dedication. I apreciatte very much!

I hope to have the wrap up at the end of the week. See you then!!

Bona nit des de Barcelona!

A hug

Sara

This was a fun week Sara. I enjoyed learning in a fun way like this. I hope tomorrow I have more time to listen to some others and do a couple of instrumentals. Oh, where do the hours go each day!

Ben fet, Sara! A veure si un dia ens veurem en la vida real - no som gaire lluny l'un de l'altre, oi? Envi'em un PM amb un numero de contacte.

Hello!!

To be a host has been a wonderful experience. I have to give the thanks to everybody that has encouraged me. ALL OF You are GREAT! This group is a gift for everybody, and I feel honoured and very proud to be a seasonista.

Thanks, thanks, thanks.

This is the video with the prizes:

A hug from Barcelona

Sara

Thanks for the wonderful, interesting, and fun Season, Sara! Vostè va ser una amfitriona fabulosa!

Sara, Thank you sooooo much for this week. I had so much fun with these songs and it was so interesting to listen to everyone and see and hear their abilities. You have gone way above and beyond as a host. I imagine this was a really hard week to decide who your favorites were. They were all so impressive :) Im so happy you love De Colores so much. I loved learning that song and it stuck in my head for over a week.

Congratulations to everyone for their efforts and congratulations to those mentioned and to the lucky winners!

Thanks for an inspirational week Sara. And well done to all of the winners.:)

Fantastic job Sara! I'm thrilled that I am going to have such a special momento for your Season. I've always had a deep respect for other cultures and languages and Al Vent had an immediate impact on me from the instant I started listening to it. I'm looking forward to doing the song again using your very special award. Has fet un treball fantàstic. Gràcies!

Sara, Thank you sooooo much for this week. I had so much fun with these songs and it was so interesting to listen to everyone and see and hear their abilities. You have gone way above and beyond as a host. I imagine this was a really hard week to decide who your favorites were. They were all so impressive :) Im so happy you love De Colores so much. I loved learning that song and it stuck in my head for over a week.

Congratulations to everyone for their efforts and congratulations to those mentioned and to the lucky winners!

Linda!!!
Awesome job and congrats on the win.

Great week, Satra. Congratulations to the winners. Do you sell those straps, Sara? I would love one!

WHOO HOO! Guess what arrived in yesterday's mail? I am thrilled, Sara and thanks so much again for your wonderful Season.

20170411_150832.jpg

I wasn't sure which ukulele I would put it on, but my mahogany bari "demanded" it because it complimented its rich brown colors so nicely! Can't argue with your ukuleles! :rolleyes:

Sara, My beautiful strap showed up in the mail today along with the cute book mark. I appreciate it so much and can't wait to use them :)

Top Bottom