and then there were four... Kiwaya KTS-5

I hope I never come across a kiwaya.

Ignorance is bliss.

Janeray, congrats on your new Kiwaya! I have noted in the past your love for your Kamakas and have actually purchased a few based on your observations and they are all great! As great as they are I love my Kiwayas more. I currently have in my regiment of Kiwayas- ks5, kts6, ktc1, ktc2, KMC, ktc 95'th anniversary, famous (Kiwaya) fc5, ktc taropatch - all I purchased new without trying out first, not a bad one the bunch. The builds are light, the necks meet my preference and of course the sound is great to my ear. I think you will truly enjoy!
D, something irrational is incessantly telling me that I must have a KS-5 or FSG-5. As you, like me, have a KTS-6, would you please let me know, here or on PM, what you feel are the differences between them, and whether I should just keep my money? I am getting a small tax refund, and it's burning a hole in my pocket in advance.
Thanks,
Teri

Congratulations! You needed a mahogany soprano. It's as simple as that. Good choice.

Congrats! :p

Oh, I meant to ask: What strings did you put on the Kiwaya?

Oh, I meant to ask: What strings did you put on the Kiwaya?

It came Oasis strings, which sounded *great* - but I find them to be kind of... sticky, or resistant or something, and it makes playing slides and other fast movements difficult for me, so I swapped them out for my usual Martin M600s. The Oasis had a bit more depth, which I liked, but the feel of them was driving me crazy. I'm going to try Worth Browns and Fremont Hards at some point but I'm happy with the Martins for now.

I don't think that I need to say it, but - enjoy! :D

Oh, & welcome to UAS.

Enjoy your new ukulele. Sounds like you are delighted with your purchase. Have fun!

Congratulations Jane! I have never seen a Kawaya uke. Do you have any pics yet?

Top Bottom