Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: bASS pORN

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Blaine, Washington
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Forgot about the Bass Forum on UU. I've posted this in other threads.

    Toby Chennell of Jazz Box Ukes built this for me. Hand carved Spruce arch top with Maple b/s. He starts out with a 3/4" thick block of wood and carves out the archtop and back

    Also one of his smaller standup basses. Made in England
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 08-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Munich / Germany
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Forgot about the Bass Forum on UU. I've posted this in other threads.

    Toby Chennell of Jazz Box Ukes built this for me. Hand carved Spruce arch top with Maple b/s. He starts out with a 3/4" thick block of wood and carves out the archtop and back

    Also one of his smaller standup basses. Made in England
    Hey, that Chennell Uke looks beautiful but also very heavy on the neck. Does this beauty suffer from heavy neck diving ?

    Here are my two basses. A Sandberg and quite an old Schecter. Both are awesome instruments and a joy to play.

    schectersandberg.jpg
    - Ana'ole Spruce/Rosewood Super Concert
    - Ana'ole Spruce/Mango 6 String Tenor

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I’ll play along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, near the Beverly Center.
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Since my last post on this thread about 3 years ago, I've accumulated more basses. here's my entire collection.


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Mike,

    If you ever get tired of your 24” Hadean modifid body and paint please let me know. That’s a particular beauty in my eyes.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, near the Beverly Center.
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
    Mike, If you ever get tired of your 24” Hadean modifid body and paint please let me know. That’s a particular beauty in my eyes.
    Kim, I think might you already know the answer to that. (Which one, there are 6?)

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Second from the top on the left of the solid bodies, the one with the added pick guard and Pahoehoe strings. I don’t really need another but boy is that a beauty. Great design on your part, but then it is a beauty pageant, a surfeit of delights.
    Last edited by Kimosabe; 08-06-2020 at 07:10 AM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Blaine, Washington
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukador View Post
    Hey, that Chennell Uke looks beautiful but also very heavy on the neck. Does this beauty suffer from heavy neck diving ?

    Here are my two basses. A Sandberg and quite an old Schecter. Both are awesome instruments and a joy to play.

    schectersandberg.jpg
    No neck diving Ukador. The tuners look rather large on it and I feel the headstock is a bit short but other than that, works great. It was the second bass Toby built. I originally was going to be the baritone I ordered but he found more suitable wood for the bari and turned the first one into a bass. I bought the bass because he gave me a great price on it. Glad I did.

    The true bass nut here is Kohanmike of course.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •