bASS p***

The Icon is very light also. I have been told it is nearly the same spec's as the original to include sound. I do not play with a pick either and have tried to with the Icon-just doesn't feel right to me but I need to learn to use one.

The Icon is very light also. I have been told it is nearly the same spec's as the original to include sound. I do not play with a pick either and have tried to with the Icon-just doesn't feel right to me but I need to learn to use one.

Yeah, I much prefer my fingers, but I suppose there's a time and place when only a pick will do. Always good to be well-rounded! I used to play about 25% of the time with a pick, but anymore I can't make it through a whole song without ditching the pick and going back to my fingers... so I guess I ought to work on it too!

haha-I wish playing with a pick was all that I had to work on...my hero (one of 'em) was Jerry Jemmott, always saw him use his fingers. I feel "connected" with the bass when I use my fingers-probably why I like the uke.

haha-I wish playing with a pick was all that I had to work on...my hero (one of 'em) was Jerry Jemmott, always saw him use his fingers. I feel "connected" with the bass when I use my fingers-probably why I like the uke.

I played with a pick a bit back in my younger days when I wanted to be Chris Squire... well, THAT didn't work out! But yeah, I always feel more connected when I use my fingers too. Jerry Jemmott is a great player. I like George Porter Jr. too, but I'm even less accomplished with my thumb than I am with a pick! I try to do a little of everything though... "Jack of all trades, master of none", you know.

Here's my pride and joy: Musicman Stingray 5HH in Cherry Burst! :)

37483_772284024630_16913190_44090050_1069321_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._772284029620_16913190_44090051_2943023_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._772284034610_16913190_44090052_1854548_n.jpg

Here's a few more pics:

A Fender Kingman acoustic bass that I didn't keep too long:

6173_1188329834827_1425776891_554313_3495226_n.jpg

My daughter Amanda playing my Fender Precision Bass:

38096_1533593386200_1425776891_1452549_6916676_n.jpg

- Steve

Probably best to post this here!

I'm primarily a bass player and my main bass is a 7 string from Sei Bass in London www.seibass.com

This pic was taken for the "Basses on the sofa" thread on the UK bass forum Basschat,co.uk

MD5basses.jpg

L-R:
Conklin GT7 (which has been converted to fretless),
Jackson 'Kip Winger' (my old faithful bass from the early 90's!).
AC Guitars Recurve Singlecut 9 string (built in Moffat, Scotland www.acguitars.co.uk).
Sei Offset Flamboyant 7 string (my main bass, hence my username!)
James Tyler 4 string

I get asked why 7 strings and it was a gradual move over a lot of years! I started playing 4 strings and then went to a fretless 6 which I played exclusively for a few years. From there I got the Conklin 7 off of eBay and stayed there. The 9 is a small leap from there. The 7 and 9 are all strung in 4ths which does make getting around a lot easier than it seems. The necks seem huge, but they're pretty straightforward to play.

Here are my three basses. L to R:

1996 Warwick Corvette Std. 5
2010 Warwick Custom Shop Corvette $$ fretless 6
2009 Warwick Streamer LX Broadneck 6

IMG_2634.jpgIMG_3986.jpgwarwick streamer.jpg

Yes indeed. British Invasion coolness! :cool: I'm thinking Paul McCartney and Chas Chander, perhaps Paul Samwell-Smith. Looks like you added a DiMarzio Model 1 and a trapeze tailpiece to the Epiphone.

- Steve

yeah, the Epi humbucker didn't sound all that good to me. I'm not sure if the DiMarzio is the best pickup for this bass, but it's better than the Epi.
I added the tailpiece so I could use 34" strings. I like the look, too. it fills in the bottom area nicely.

Reviving this old thread...
crush.jpg

OK, as long as you resurrected this thread (I hate calling images of our gear p***, to me it diminishes them), here's my new Rondo Hadean walnut bass uke and my Phil Jones Double Four bass amp with battery and Sony wireless system. I use them for all our rehearsals and small gigs. For the time being I'm going to leave the Thunderguts until they crap out.

Rondo walnut & PJD4.jpg

Here are my three basses: an Ohana fretless bass uke, that I hardly every play. A Hofner Contemporary that has amazing sustain over the Ignition and German models. A Fender Mustang PJ that I had modded so I can control both the tone and volume of each pickup when both are active. All go through a Fender Rumble 500 combo.my basses.jpgmods.jpg

Top Bottom