Thread: Concert his with pickup

Default Concert with pickup

We play an event that has other bands within earshot. Some really crank it up. I normally play with condenser mics but they are picking up the other bands and feed back if I try to point the speakers more toward us. The solution is to go back to dynamic mics and use a pickup on my uke. I have some stick on piezo's and preamps, but want to get a concert with a active pickup.

Any suggestions? Bling is not important, just a solid mahogany or cedar would be nice with an active pick up. I have been looking around. Flea/fluke? Doesn't seem like a lot of folks carry what I need.
    Last edited by Ukuleleblues; 03-23-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Get a Behringer eternal pre-amp/DI box, then all your ukes with passive pickups will be active. I might use my Epiphone LP concert uke in that situation. Not much unplugged, but if volume is your main issue, plug it in and have a ball. Non-ukers will think you paid a fortune for it as well. Should be able to get one for $29.99 or less: http://www.music-group.com/Categorie.../ADI21/p/P0293

I got one of those Beringer preamps, I have a Telecaster uke with a passive I will try.

Auto correct keeps changing uke to his. Can't change the posting title.

Thread Information