Hello!

CounterZ

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and playing ukulele. I'm hoping to gain good insight by participating here.

Welcome to the community, glad you joined us.

What did you pick for your first ukulele? What inspired you to start playing? Tell us more. :)

I purchased a soprano and a tenor (both low-end ukes). I was inspired by YouTube videos.

Welcome to the group. Great choices - I consider my tenor and sopranos to be different playing experiences. Both have their advantages.

Welcome to the group. Great choices - I consider my tenor and sopranos to be different playing experiences. Both have their advantages.

I thought the soprano would be more difficult to finger, but it isn't terribly hard to play. I take it to work, so I can practice during breaks. Sound difference between the soprano and tenor is noticeable, Each has its own tonal flavor. I just replaced the strings on the soprano with Aquilas.

Welcome to UU. Great place to hang out.

Welcome to UU, CounterZ.

What videos inspired you? Did you play other instruments before coming to the ukulele?

I purchased a soprano and a tenor (both low-end ukes). I was inspired by YouTube videos.

Good approach, helps to refine your preferences! I did something similar when I started out. I first got a concert, but then shortly after bought a tenor and a soprano together. I think I'm coming full circle now and embracing the concert size as it combines what I like about the other two sizes. We'll see if that works out for me! :)

YouTube has done a lot for this third golden age of the ukulele, and since unlike the previous golden ages (1910-20s and 1950s) it's not fueled by a centralized, marketing driven medium (radio, TV) but by "the people", like a grass roots movement, I think the ukulele is now a properly established instrument that won't be affected so much by fleeting fashions anymore.

Welcome aboard. :)

I started out with a Makala tenor, then pineapple soprano, then a concert. & it was with the concert scale that I learnt to play for the first 6 months.

Top Bottom