Your Favorite Tabletop Music Stand?

ckellogg

Reaction score
Which tabletop book stand do y'all like for The Daily Ukulele, for uku jams? If there's a thread for this already, please link me up. Thanks in advance!

Christine

SE Uker (Woodstock, Georgia, USA). Peanut Eleuke, Kala Kiwi Pineapple, Mainland Mango Pineapple, and beater Dolphin (car uku).

I use this. I like that it folds up, making it easier to carry.

attachment.php

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Stands-KB70-Tabletop-Music/dp/B0002GFQ10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490594606&sr=8-1&keywords=tabletop+music+stand

I use my iPad (most of the ukulele books are available on iBooks and Kindle), but on a table, I use a $3.00 IKEA tablet stand. We bought five of them at one time...and they get used a lot.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20302596/

The price is sure right! Love the simple design, no parts to break. I haven't yet tried music books on an iPad, I worry that the font will be too small for my aging eyes when a full page is shown. Sounds like a good excuse for an Ikea run!

I have one with a similar design (different brand). It's not strong enough to hold the Daily Ukulele - is this brand more stable?

The one I have seems very stable. The shelf isn't very deep for a book as thick as the Daily Ukulele, but I don't seem to have problems keeping the book on the stand. For me, the fact that this stand folds up so I can carry it is a tube sleeve (which someone made for me) outweighs the fact that it may not be quite as stable as other options that aren't as easy to carry around.

Usually I will use a bunch of bananas on the table to hold up my music book.

Very neat, I love the design! It looks like it'd be hard to turn pages easily (i.e., without lifting the book off the stand)? I don't know if I can get it in the US?

It's a little fiddly, but not terribly so; and it's great for books that (unlike the 365 one) have a glued or stapled back and that keep wanting to fold closed.

I don't know if it's available in the US - they're made by a German company.
But maybe one of the stores selling them (there's the UK one, for instance: bax-shop.co.uk, although they're slightly more expensive there) is willing to ship internationally.

I'm going to look for the Ikea ones next time I'm there, they look handy too.

Scan sheet music into pdf files and use your laptop.

I use bed trays with a tilt top when at home. Works well on or off a table, depending upon the chair.

Attachments

• tray.jpg
    tray.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 15
Here is my 'final' result.

First, I tried the GoFriend. One of the reviews said it worked with the Daily Ukulele. I found it to be too small for my liking. But, it is a GREAT little stand, very portable. Perfect for travel.

My final choice is this Ravel stand - . Works great, as long as I remember to open its parts in the right order. Folds up small, hefty enough for a big binder/Daily Ukulele. Cheap, at $8.

In my recent visits to music stores, I was surprised that none of them had tabletop stands I could check out. Turns out the world doesn't revolve around Ukulele.

Top Bottom