hello from UK

Jose Marques

Reaction score
Hello
I'm a luthier from Portugal and now living and working in UK.
I'm a guitar Luthier but wen i was learning my profession my teacher was a mostly folk instruments maker and i have learned with him how to do some different instruments.

Cavaquinho (portuguese instrument that as influenced the Ukuleles) is one of the instruments that i have learned to do .

Now after some years doing some instruments, specialy classical guitars but others as well, inclusive Ukuleles and cavaquinhos, i decides to make a page just for this lovely instrument, i don't know how to explain but do ukuleles is something that is in my blood ;)

Well i hope you like my work, and in the future i promise to put more photos in my page and here in the forum, even with all process.

you can see here my page, if you wish to follow the making go to "on the bench" i will put some photos :)

Thank you all
JM
https://marquesukuleles.jimdo.com/

Glad you joined us, Jose -- welcome to the community! :)

Are you specializing in the tenor ukulele size?

Hi Jose! As Jim says, it's great to find another luthier working in the UK .... look forward to seeing some of your work.

Hi Jose! Whereabouts in the UK are you? I'm near Norwich, Norfolk. Spread the love of the ukulele throughout the UK! :)

Bury St Edmunds...

Ah, I've just seen, you're in bury St Edmunds. My mum comes from there. I'm not too far away from Diss. Do you play out much? In any groups?

I play UBass in a group in Diss, which I enjoy a lot, I also swap between Uke and UBass in a group in Beccles. Love to meet more people who love the uke too! :)

Thank you all

Yes i'm in Bury st Edmunds we are nears.
No i don't play, my wife is learning and i'm a enthusiast, but i don't play, i use to play guitar and i just spend my time studying the best way to make instruments.

I have done some ukuleles in the past and now i started again to do them, the reason of this is because wen i came to UK the commissions that i have most were guitars.
My teacher is a great folk instruments builder and i learn with him to do some different ones, like i said in Portugal we do cavaquinhos, is the grandfather of ukuleles.

I can make the ones you wish, i just never have done the baritone.

Once again that you to make me feel welcome here.

I don't need to say, but wen someone wishes to visit me just send me one email or call.

Chears
JM

Hi Jose. Welcome to the UU Forum. Lovely instruments.

I see that your introductory thread was nearly four years ago. Jose. How's it going? I hope all is good in Bury St Edmunds. It would be good to see some of the ukes you have made.

With best wishes,

John Colter

Welcome, Jose, I look forward to see the photos of your work.

Most of us have ukulele in our blood too!

Bluesy.

Top Bottom