Kuaui! Good store to check out Ukuleles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalaheo Music and Strings
Kamoa Ukulele Company in Kapaa

I've been to all three and liked them all, Scotty's though, in my opinion, was the best and I bought my KoAloha pineapple soprano there.

There's also a store in Hanalei "Strings & Things" where half of the store sells wool and knitting supplies. Each year I stop in they have some different kinda unique ukes around. This year I noticed they had several custom models of the locally built "Island Ukes" available to play - very nice instruments but a bit pricey.

There's an ukulele store called The Ukulele Store in Koloa, not far from Poipu Beach. When I was there in 2011, it was owned by the same guy (Sam Bonnano) who owns the Kamoa store in Kapaa just as Sam was starting his Kamoa brand. Back then, both stores sold Kamakas and KoAlohas and Kanile'as. I think the Kapaa store now only sells Kamoas. The Koloa store may still sell ukuleles other than Kamoas (it was closed the Sunday I tried to visit in February). Strings and Things in Hanalei is worth a visit, too. There were a number of interesting Kauai-made ukuleles there, lots of cool old vinyl records, and stuff for all your yarn and knitting needs.

Stopped in at Scotty's today!
Nice Ukes and lovely energy!
Bought some strings! and CONTROLLED my UAS!:drool:

When I was there in 2011, it was owned by the same guy (Sam Bonnano) who owns the Kamoa store in Kapaa just as Sam was starting his Kamoa brand.

I visited the Koloa store last year and all they had was Kamoa. I almost got suckered into buying one, but really what's the point if there's nothing to compare to. The few I tried seemed fine, but I find it really difficult to say if they would be good value or not. These single brand stores are weird for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom