NUD Cocobolo Concert Ukulele #301

jfalconc

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is my new Concert Cocobolo handmade in Nicaragua, it has great sound, sustain and made to perfection!!!

Standard Materials:
- Solid Nicaraguan cocobolo top, back, sides, fingerboard and bridge
- Solid Honduran mahogany neck, heel and bracings
- White mother of pearl fretboard top and side markers
- Grover Sta-tite Ukulele Tuners
- Aquila Nylgut Ukulele
- Solid bone nut and saddle
- Steel ukulele fretwire
- Side Port
- standard with a 12" radius fingerboard
- "through the bridge stringing", which allows the soundboard to resonate better and increases sound volume and quality.
- is professionally setup with a string height of 1 mm at the first fret and 2.5 mm at the 12th fret.
- a solid cocobolo strip that acts like a truss rod in the neck of all of our ukuleles. it is a nice handmade touch, also adds strength to the neck.
- The neck of the Ukulele connects to the body at the 13th fret

Adds-0n:
- Waverly Snakewood Bridge Pins with Pearl Dots
- Worth Brown Fluorocarbon Ukulele Strings

As Kevin Keith says : Que Viva el Cocobolo!!!

Awesome !!!! That is gorgeous ! The grain in that cocobolo looks incredible. How does it sound and play ?

How long did it take to get to you ? I just "won" a lottery for #169 Tenor. I can't wait to get it.

It has a great sound and sustain, and well balanced; it only took about 2 weeks to arrive to Puerto Rico!!!

Welcome to the family :shaka:

Such beautiful, rich coloring on that striped grain top!

Enjoy your new treasure!

Congrats on a great uke! The back of yours looks very similar to mine. Your photos are nice, I wish I could take pictures like that.
I bet you're gonna find it to be your go-to uke, Cocobolos are really hard to beat. The only downside to mine is that it's a bit on the heavy side, but it sure doesn't seem to affect tone or playability.

Wowza, what a lovely uke! :shaka:

Thanks for the awesome photos too! :cool:

I have the #300 concert and LOVE it, WOW on sound, sustain & the neck plays soon smooth, whooda thought that this wood would do such a good job. Sure slightly heavy but that is comfort to me. Also have #261 concert, so high & low g on trips together

Top Bottom