Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tab Section

Default Tab Section

Hey everybody, I think this forum miss a tab section. What do you guys think?

there is going to be a section on Ukulele lessons and showcases, so there might be one there? depends on the UU staff. but usually the Song help section is just as good. i think =)

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

For now, Fred is right... Song Help is the place to go. You'll have a chance to ask the most famous ukulele TAB writer for his take or opinions on tabbed pieces. Please be patient for the launch for further info
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

I was about to start a new thread. Good thing i found this first.
    Throwing in my thoughts, a section where users submit their own tabs would be perfect here. At Tropical Storm Hawaii, there are many tabs, but a lot of them are horribly wrong. And when a corrected one is submitted, the old ones stay. So now theres like four versions of a song and only one is correct. Here at least they can be edited. Also, I may be wrong, but I'm sure members out there has their own songs they would like to share.

Quote Originally Posted by tsudawuda View Post
    I was about to start a new thread. Good thing i found this first.
    Throwing in my thoughts, a section where users submit their own tabs would be perfect here. At Tropical Storm Hawaii, there are many tabs, but a lot of them are horribly wrong. And when a corrected one is submitted, the old ones stay. So now theres like four versions of a song and only one is correct. Here at least they can be edited. Also, I may be wrong, but I'm sure members out there has their own songs they would like to share.
    thats a good suggestion. one thing we gotta keep tabs on them (no pun intented :P). as you said for tropical storm hawaii, there are so many different versions. We might end up with duplicates or lots of people posting "DA REAL WAY" when it's not that much different. since its a lot of user submitted material, moderators would have to (in my opinion) thoroughly go through these tabs to make sure they are quality.

Quote Originally Posted by tripl3thr33 View Post
    We might end up with duplicates or lots of people posting "DA REAL WAY" when it's not that much different.
    haha thats so true! I posted a tab on tropical storm several years ago.. can you guys take a look at this?

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/c...simplified.txt

I think one thing that would help would be a song/chord/lyric section as well as user submitted tabs. The song help in the forums is great don't get me wrong, but It would be helpful if there was a designated part of the site where the songs are all listed out in one place. Then when we need specific help we can ask in the forums.

Good ideas guys. I need to get on it and add this board and the singing board.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

alright. now i gotta find an easy way to put tabs here "/

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    Good ideas guys. I need to get on it and add this board and the singing board.
    So it will be in the forum style? I was thinking that a song section similar to the way tropical storm collects them would be a great addition to the main site, but instead, have us be able to update, edit, rate, comment, and discuss on the user created songs or tabs. Is this feasible?

Bayview Township, Bayfield County, WI USA

Any chance that a tab form template can be installed. My first attempt in posting some tabs (in the song section) was cumbersome and turned out a bit "crooked".
    Last edited by koa; 02-18-2008 at 05:11 PM.
    Noel V.

Thread Information