Got my new Baritone uke Last night from hawaii music supply!

4given

Reaction score
I got my new Kala Solid Mahogany Baritone yesterday and I love it! This thing plays very nice and has a lovely tone. I love the classy, classic look. I love the tortoise shell binding and darker mahogany. I like the fact that it even has a truss rod.

The K&K Big Island pick up sounds very natural and has plenty of gain to go straight to the board or amp with out a pre amp. I prefer this type of set up on a performance rig. I have K&K on my Taylor guitar. I just plug it in and l let the sound folks do their thing.

I can't say enough good things about hawaii music supply. The packing was the best I have ever seen when shipped an instrument.
The set up is superb! Action is set perfect, intonation is spot on. Frets nicely dressed with no buzz. Nice easy player!

Nice clean installation of the K&K pickup. I really appreciate that they include a checklist of each step of the set up process that is initialed by the technician.

The hard case is very nice and of good quality.

Here are some pics:

pe7fOnq.jpg

FabsC4x.jpg

3HYR7Tq.jpg

GjGuzyn.jpg

Last edited:
It is a thing of beauty.

Nice uke, nice pictures! That Kala looks great! Would enjoy a sound sample of it.

Congratulations. Those Kala all solid mahogany baritones are excellent sounding. I think they are the best bang for the buck in an all solid baritone. I have played "Solorules" a number of times and I am always impressed with that instrument.

As a side note if you want to brighten up the tone a bit try the new Aquila Reds. Brenda has them on her Kala............and now I have them on a Mya Moe baritone.

Last edited:
I have the same model Kala and I love it :D

Congrats!!

Congratulations. Those Kala all solid mahogany baritones are excellent sounding. I think they are the best bang for the buck in an all solid baritone. I have played "Solorules" a number of times and I am always impressed with that instrument.

As a side note if you want to brighten up the tone a bit try the new Aquila Reds. Brenda has them on her Kala............and now I have them on a Mya Moe baritone.

Thank you! It has regular Aquila's on it now. I bought a set of Living Waters to try next. I'll keep the reds in mind to try sometime.

Nice uke, nice pictures! That Kala looks great! Would enjoy a sound sample of it.

I don't have a studio anymore. I might get some kind of recording with my phone or Ipad but I don't know how it would sound. We will see.

I am glad you like your Kala Baritone. I have the same model and love it. I was interested in your thought on the K&K pickup. I would like to put one in mine and I value your feedback

Sweet! Congrats and enjoy your baritone!

Congratulations! Love the Tortoiseshell binding against the Mahogany. And it's a testament from Dave calling this Solid-Mahogany Kala Baritone model "excellent sounding", that's a reassurance you can take to the bank!

Congrats! I have the tenor, it prefers strings on the mellower side as do many solid mahogany ukes. I polished the tortoise with a little Flitz.

Top Bottom