Got my new Baritone uke Last night from hawaii music supply!

I am glad you like your Kala Baritone. I have the same model and love it. I was interested in your thought on the K&K pickup. I would like to put one in mine and I value your feedback

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I don't think you can go wrong with the K&K pickup. I have used one for years in my guitar and it still works great and sounds wonderful. The K&K in my Kala sounds very nice and natural. The price is nice too!

Ordered the same uke from HMS last week and it is waiting for setup right now. Mine doesn't have the K&K but seeing the pictures of yours makes the wait for mine even harder.

Jim

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I don't think you can go wrong with the K&K pickup. I have used one for years in my guitar and it still works great and sounds wonderful. The K&K in my Kala sounds very nice and natural. The price is nice too!

No problem with the delay, I am sorta thinking my way through this pickup business. What type of pre-amp/amp set up are you using or recommend?
Cliff

Super nice. And thank you for the multiple pictures and multiple angles. HMS does wonderful setup work. Enjoy it! Makes me wish I still had a baritone...

No problem with the delay, I am sorta thinking my way through this pickup business. What type of pre-amp/amp set up are you using or recommend?
Cliff

I don't use a pre-amp with K&K pickups. I don't think you need one. They supply plenty of output/gain to go straight to a PA or amp. I am using a Fishman LoudBox Mini Amplifier for my Acoustic instruments these days. Very lightweight and easy to pack around. (19.7 pounds) Plenty of power for playing small venues. (60 watts) Sweet natural clean tone. Nice reverb and simply gorgeous chorus effects should you want them. There is send out the back to connect to a PA mixer. It also has two channels so you can have two instruments or one instrument and one Mic. One of the channels has an XLR input for a mic. The price is very reasonable. You can but one everyday for a little under $300. I got mine of sale for $250.

Anyway I have used lots of different gear over the years (I am 60) and this the acoustic rig I use now days when I am not just plugging straight into the board.

Here is a link to the fishman site: https://www.fishman.com/products/series/loudbox/loudbox-mini-amplifier/

Top Bottom