Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my new Baritone uke Last night from hawaii music supply!

Default Got my new Baritone uke Last night from hawaii music supply!

I got my new Kala Solid Mahogany Baritone yesterday and I love it! This thing plays very nice and has a lovely tone. I love the classy, classic look. I love the tortoise shell binding and darker mahogany. I like the fact that it even has a truss rod.

The K&K Big Island pick up sounds very natural and has plenty of gain to go straight to the board or amp with out a pre amp. I prefer this type of set up on a performance rig. I have K&K on my Taylor guitar. I just plug it in and l let the sound folks do their thing.

I can't say enough good things about hawaii music supply. The packing was the best I have ever seen when shipped an instrument.
    The set up is superb! Action is set perfect, intonation is spot on. Frets nicely dressed with no buzz. Nice easy player!

Nice clean installation of the K&K pickup. I really appreciate that they include a checklist of each step of the set up process that is initialed by the technician.

The hard case is very nice and of good quality.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by 4given; 05-10-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    Not Perfect But Forgiven
    John 3: 16 - 17

More pix

Not Perfect But Forgiven

A few more:

Not Perfect But Forgiven

It is a thing of beauty.
    I'm way cooler than my kids think I am.

Congrats and enjoy!

That new baritone looks great. HMS is the best!
    | Kamaka HF-3 Tenor | Martin 1 Tenor | Kamaka HB-2DS Ohta-san | Martin 2 Tenor |

Nice uke, nice pictures! That Kala looks great! Would enjoy a sound sample of it.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Congratulations. Those Kala all solid mahogany baritones are excellent sounding. I think they are the best bang for the buck in an all solid baritone. I have played "Solorules" a number of times and I am always impressed with that instrument.

As a side note if you want to brighten up the tone a bit try the new Aquila Reds. Brenda has them on her Kala............and now I have them on a Mya Moe baritone.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 05-10-2017 at 06:30 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I have the same model Kala and I love it

Congrats!!
    I'd like to be under the sea...

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Congratulations. Those Kala all solid mahogany baritones are excellent sounding. I think they are the best bang for the buck in an all solid baritone. I have played "Solorules" a number of times and I am always impressed with that instrument.

As a side note if you want to brighten up the tone a bit try the new Aquila Reds. Brenda has them on her Kala............and now I have them on a Mya Moe baritone.
    Thank you! It has regular Aquila's on it now. I bought a set of Living Waters to try next. I'll keep the reds in mind to try sometime.
    Not Perfect But Forgiven

Thread Information