Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: New Soprano Koa Uke by Black Bear

Default FS: New Soprano Koa Uke by Black Bear

Once again, here is a new soprano size uke I completed this week. It is made of 40 year old colorful Koa for the body. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Indian rosewood fingerboard and ebony bridge. Two maple wood rings for the rosette. White plastic fret dots with white side dots. 1 3/8" nut width. Bone nut and saddle. Grover brand chrome friction tuners with plastic cream-colored knobs. Worth BM brand strings. The playing scale is 13 3/4". High gloss nitro-lacquer finish hand rubbed to a satin smooth touch and look. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow Koa sound with excellent volume and intonation. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states.Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me at duane@blackbearukuleles.net or here on the UU if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$450
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlackBearUkes; 06-04-2017 at 05:49 AM.

What a lovely looking soprano! Someone is going to be very happy. Good luck with the sale!
    Cocobolo Pineapple #1
    Ohana Sopranissimo
    Maccaferri Islander
    Harmony Soprano
    D. Heilman ULO #7 Concert
    Mainland Cedar Baritone
    Kala Elite Custom Lebanese Cedar Tenor
    Kanilea K-1 SC
    Bonanza Retro Mint Pear Tenor
    Druid Moon Koa Tenor
    Primrose Cedar/Maple Soprano
    Flea Lava Soprano

Cocobolo Cedar Top Tenor
    1933 Martin 1K Soprano

This lovely uke is still available.

Beautiful!!! Will love to hear it!!! Congrats!!!
    "Sometimes I can't think of a better day to end my day than coming home and just strumming my Ukulele for a few minutes."

Jake Shimabukuro

Imua IS Soprano: GCEA
    Kamaka Gold Label: GCEA
    Cocobolo Ukulele Tenor #123: GCEA
    Kala Ka-Asac-T8: GCEA
    Ohana Concert CK-250G: GCEA
    Ohana SK-38 Vintage Martin: GCEA
    Ohana SK-28 Vintage Nunes Style: GCEA
    Ohana SK-21A: ADF#B
    Ohana SK-08 Sopranissimo: ADF#B
    Oscar Schmidt Spalted Mango Soprano OU-17: GCEA
    Oscar Schmidt laminated Koa Concert OU-5E: GCEA
    Kahua KA-21 Soprano Laminated Mahogany: ADF#B
    Outdoor Ukulele (Brown Bottle) Soprano: ADF#B

I have a different Black Bear koa soprano, and it's a very fine instrument with great playability and spot on intonation. Very sweet sounding, good volume for the size, and just really, really nice. I sold some of my other ukes, like a Hawaiian K brand soprano also made of koa, but the Black Bear was never a candidate for selling. It was the superior instrument.

The price for a luthier-made koa ukulele is astonishing. Always felt that Black Bear ukuleles are too cheap for the level of craftsmanship and sound they possess. Everyone else takes twice or more as much, for the same or less quality. This is a really good deal.

Oh how I wish I had the money right now, that turned out beautiful, Duane. And pre strung with my current favorite strings. It's killing me that I can't get it.

I do have a payment plan if that helps you. Just drop me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    Oh how I wish I had the money right now, that turned out beautiful, Duane. And pre strung with my current favorite strings. It's killing me that I can't get it.

Someone really ought to jump on this, fantastic deal here!
    "A yawn is a desperate, silent scream for coffee."

Timms Style 0 Solid Mahogany Soprano, KoAloha KCM-00 Solid Koa Concert, CML Electric Concert Ukulele, Korala PUC-20-BK Solid Plastic Concert , CML Solid Western Red Cedar/Spalted Curly Maple Tenor

Here we go one more time.

Price lowered to $450. Since I have not yet sold this nice uke, I am lowering the price one more time. If it does not sell, it will be on my web site and sit there. There does not seem to be much interest in my ukes these days, so I will not make any more, except on commission basis if I have the time and inclination. Thanks.
    Last edited by BlackBearUkes; 06-04-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Thread Information