Thread: Hello from Nashville

Default Hello from Nashville

Hey, Y'all! My name is Michael and I'm from Nashville, TN, USA. I've played mandolin and drums for years and just purchased my first ukulele from Uke Republic. I was on vacation and found out that Uke Republic was on my way home, so I stopped by yesterday and bought an Ohana CK-70WG. I tried out a bunch of them and that's the one that spoke to me. Mike at Uke Republic is a great guy and was very patient with me.

Anyway, I've found mandolin and drum forums to be extremely helpful, so I thought I'd register here as I learn how to play uke. I look forward to learning from everyone. Happy strumming!

Welcome aboard.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Welcome to Ukulele Underground, Michael!
    You'll want to attend the Nashville Ukulele Society meetings. There will be another in about a week. Visit the blog for an address you can write to and ask to be added to the mailing list.
    http://nashukes.blogspot.com

Players of all skill levels are welcome. More info here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/8246686315/

We hope to see you there!
    —David Weilmuenster

Quote Originally Posted by Futurethink View Post
    Welcome to Ukulele Underground, Michael!
    You'll want to attend the Nashville Ukulele Society meetings. There will be another in about a week. Visit the blog for an address you can write to and ask to be added to the mailing list.
    http://nashukes.blogspot.com

Players of all skill levels are welcome. More info here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/8246686315/

We hope to see you there!
    óDavid Weilmuenster
    Thank you, David! I will definitely check it out.

Welcome to UU! I used to live in Key Holler, outside of Carthage, just an hour from Nashville. took fiddle lessons in Nashville, but I found out it wasn't my instrument. It made me sad until I found the ukulele.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Howdy, pardner

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Hola from Arizona! That's cool that you got to visit Uke Republic. A lovely starter uke. Welcome!
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Nickie - I hear what you're saying about finding your instrument. I have played mandolin for a few years now, and yet it never really felt like the "right one" for me. I like Bluegrass and Celtic, but I also wanted something a bit more relaxing if that makes sense. It's only been a couple days, but so far, I bought a uke, found a great uke forum, downloaded "The Ukulele app" on my iPad, and am learning "What a Wonderful World". I gotta say, I've had more fun with this ukulele than I've had with any music instrument in a long time.

@igorthebarbarian - Mike at Uke Republic is a really great guy. He was very informative and patient with me. I'd definitely recommend Uke Republic to anyone. They are just outside of Atlanta, so it's only 4 hours or so from me. I'll definitely be back (once I learn a few tunes).

Thread Information