Beau Hannam Tenor reaching completion

Wow that headstock and sunburst... gorgeous! I can't wait to see the completed uke

I want a sunburst ukulele, I want one now!

That is going to look particularly spectacular!

Wait until you see the bridge. There's something special that we planned. Also, I must say that I am immensely pleased to have had the opportunity to have a luthier of the caliber of Beau Hannam create an instrument for me.

Here's another build photo. The neck in the middle and the body on the right are my tenor.

IMG_1445.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that was a long wait, but it looks like it was completely worth is. This is going to be one special uke. Beau's the best!

Wow, that was a long wait, but it looks like it was completely worth is. This is going to be one special uke. Beau's the best!

Re the wait, as I was planning on visiting the USA in September I suggested to Beau that he push me down his build list as I could pick it up while there. He was also involved with the luthiers for a cause project. As it turned out I didn't go to the States but am traveling here in Oz and I didn't want him to ship it until I was back home, which I will be in early November.

All good things come to those who know how to wait. He sure has done a great job.

That is insanely beautiful.

Spectacular!! Love the fine appointments you chose. As an example, the 12th fret marker. Perfect! I tend to like something other than simple dots for my markers, which can range from no fingerboard markers, to non-dot shapes to more ornate. On my BH which Beau has been working alongside yours, we did black mother of pearl rectangles.

Last edited:
Everything on this masterful piece of art (uke) is perfectly designed, and flows nicely from one element to the next. From the wood selection to the fretboard, rosette to the...I never realized I liked bursts until I saw this uke. Amazing!

Everything on this masterful piece of art (uke) is perfectly designed, and flows nicely from one element to the next. From the wood selection to the fretboard, rosette to the...I never realized I liked bursts until I saw this uke. Amazing!

Thanks! That pretty much sums up the way I feel about it also.

Top Bottom