Season 280: Before The Breathin’ Air Is Gone

header.jpg

Inching toward the last day, and having a blast!

One Man And His Uke • The Manchester Rambler • Oh, this is something special! I enjoyed the backstory, it's very interesting. Really good performance here!

Harry122 • Country Dreamer • You’re just embarrassing yourself, pal. Put some effort in, why don’t you?

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters • Idioteque • Wow, I really enjoyed your playing here! Good song, extraordinary performance!

pabrizzer • Excuse me Mr • This is really good. Thanks for doing this. I think I share your feelings on nature and the environment. I'm both awed and delighted by the beauty and diversity, and at the same time frustrated and angry at the stupidity of the powerful people who value their own short-term riches over the very survival of the planet. Enough rant. Good song!

One Man And His Uke • The Kittiwake • Gorgeous song. This is a lovely portrait you've drawn, thank you.

dickadcock • My Dirty Stream • Perfect song for this Season! Well done!I love the phone drop - and the t-shirt!

Ginas uke • The Sun Disappeared • A dark song indeed. But also a beautiful song. Thanks for creating this.

LucilleJustRocks • White rabbit • So many years later, and still a trip song! Well done!

mythinformed • Catch The Wind • I like Donovan a lot, and I Love your take on this one!

AlanDP • Nothing But the Wind • Wow, this is a terrific original. Clever and haunting. Well done!

Gary Country • They call the wind Mariah • A classic, and I like your take a lot!

any other seasonistas Park Runners by the way?

Only from the police and irrationally angry parents!

From Here on Up the Hills Don't Get Any Higher

This may -- or may not -- be a response to Rex's Ain't No Mountain High Enough. :)

It is a little song Seeger used to do as part of a medley: Colorado Trail, Mi Amor Mi Corazon, Texas Girl and a couple of others.

From the police I can well imagine RB ;), but angry parents? :eek:

Yeah well, ya send one kid into orbit off a teeter totter and ya get branded! And, I thought the rides in the park were for everyone to use freely anytime! The kids seem to think they have dibs! I'll tell ya this, soccer moms can run a lot faster and are much tougher than they look!

SOTU 280: Nature Songs - Gaze Into This Hourglass (ddanner Original)

HELP WANTED PLEASE!
+++++++++++++++++++++

I know that posting this in the waning hours of SOTU 280 that the viewing will be down, but if any of you Seasoned Seasonista Songwriting types happen to watch it, I'd really appreciate your critiques and suggestions.

I wrote this song back in May but have been rewriting it repeatedly since then, and since having it reviewed at one of the Southwest Virginia Songwriters Association meetings.

I wanted to write a song from a female point of view, and although that did not present problems with respect to lyrics and chords, it did present difficulties for me with respect to performing and evaluating it. (I recruited a stuffed toy for channeling on this one! :anyone: )

The songs lyrics are pulled from the biology of the black-widow spider, but I was definitely into using it as a metaphor when I wrote it. Hope it isn't too much of a stretch to be considered a "Nature Song."

Songchart in Chordpro Format Follows:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
{title: GAZE INTO THIS HOURGLASS}
{st: Written By: Dennis Danner}

Intro:
| [Am] . . . . | [Am] . . . . | [Am7] . . . . | [Am] . . . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [Am] . Stare into my | [Am] eyes! Feel the | [Em] tender touch of these | [Am] toes. . . . |
| [Dm] Gaze into this | [Dm7] hourglass, and | [Am] watch how the sand | [Am] flows. . . . | [Am7] . . . . | [Am] . . . . |
{eoc}

Verse 1:
| [Am] Lay down, be- | [Am] side me, come | [E7] lay down in my | [Am] bed. . Won't you |
| [Dm] lay down here be - | [Dm] side me, and a - | [E7] dorn this tangled | [E7] web. . . . |

Verse 2:
| [Am] Feel my legs | [Am] long and strong, wrapped a - | [E7] round you oh so | [Am] tight. . . My |
| [Dm] legs so firm and | [Dm] smooth, . . will | [E7] squeeze you through the | [E7] night. . . . |

Verse 3:
| [Am] Look into my | [Am] eyes tonight, you will | [E7] know the fires I | [Am] feel. . If you |
| [Am] join me in this | [Dm] bed tonight, we can | [E7] share a delightful | [E7] meal. . . So, |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [Am] . Stare into my | [Am] eyes! Feel the | [Em] tender touch of these | [Am] toes. . . . |
| [Dm] Gaze into this | [Dm7] hourglass, and | [Am] watch how the sand | [Am] flows. . . . | [Am7] . . . . | [Am] . . . . |
{eoc}

Verse 4:
| [Am] Were you once a | [Am] child I knew, blown | [E7] away on the winds of | [Am] time? . . . |
| [Am] Are you now that | [Dm] child I knew, grown | [E7] up to look so | [E7] fine? . . Then, |

Verse 5:
| [Am] Welcome back you | [Am] sweet young thing, such | [E7] beauty to be - | [Am] hold. . . . |
| [Am] Go to sleep so | [Dm] deep tonight, let this | [E7] time with me un - | [E7] fold. . . But, |

Verse 6:
| [Am] Don't misjudge my | [Am] na - ture! To make | [E7] love is not my | [Am] role. . I just |
| [Am] need to feed u - | [Dm] pon you, to | [E7] satiate my | [E7] soul. . . So, |

Chorus:
{soc}
{eoc}

Outro:
| [Am] watch how the sand | [Am] flows. . . . | [Am] . . . . | [Am] . . . . | [Am] . . . . | [Am] ~

Last edited:
And I missed it... Oh well. I'll have to save that song up for another time. I was really hoping to do an instrumental version of Nausicaa Requiem...

header.jpg

And that's it for the Season! What an amazing Season is was! I am amazed and humbled by the talent, enthusiasm, and cleverness of the Seasonistas. Wrap-up coming soon!

Gary Country • Island in the sun • A very fitting song for the Season! Nice work!

AlanDP • Giant Red-Headed Centipede • That's a beauty!

stanat20 • Fields of Gold • Among my favorite songs. Well done. Your uke is a beauty, by the way!

Gary Country • Loves Been Good to me • Wow, that sounds awesome! You sing Johnny Cash really well!

Jazzbanjorex • AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH • This is so good! Great song choice, beautifully performed! I did spend five minutes looking for a sailboat, though! :)

dickadcock • From Here On Up • Oh yes. I love this.

ddanner • Gaze Into This Hourglass • Really good song. I'm a sucker for the Am to E7 progression, it sets up wonderful emotions! I think the song's ready to go!

forte555 • Garden Song • Ooooh boy! Worth the wait!

forte555 • Colors of the Wind • Shivers down my spine. I love hearing Shannon sing.

Yeah well, ya send one kid into orbit off a teeter totter and ya get branded! And, I thought the rides in the park were for everyone to use freely anytime! The kids seem to think they have dibs! I'll tell ya this, soccer moms can run a lot faster and are much tougher than they look!
Ha ha, I hear ya. :D

Top Bottom