Martin Soprano 2M, Late 50s early 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluck

Reaction score
Hi! I'm selling a nice Martin 2M Soprano from the late 50s - early 60s. Includes a new, brown Uke Crazy case. $550, shipped in CONUS.

IMG_0188.jpgIMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0190.jpgIMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg

Last edited:
I can't seem to get the edit post feature to work but I am dropping the price to $600.

Price now $550. This is a very nice uke. This is your chance. Take the plunge.

This truly is an amazing price. Not a Style 0, not a style 1, but a sweet, 60-year old Style 2 with the luscious cream binding...for the same price as modern C-tier sopranos? Plus a $50 case.

Damnation!

Very nice ukulele! My guess is it's the dimly lit photos that have kept it from selling before this.
Any cracks, chips, crazing or repairs?

This truly is an amazing price. Not a Style 0, not a style 1, but a sweet, 60-year old Style 2 with the luscious cream binding...for the same price as modern C-tier sopranos? Plus a $50 case.

Damnation!
looks like you don't have enough martin sop yet. better bite on this soon.

Pluck, I see that your other sopranos BOTH are known to compete with vintage Martins, although I've not had the honor to play either one.
I'm very interested in why you chose this one to sell?

Ernie, I don't believe that it is cracked. Looking at photo no. 3 I saw the line on the top near the 2nd string. It runs with the grain, has no movement. I don't think it is a crack but I'm no expert.

ukeinfused, I am selling the Martin because it is worth more than the Timms and I have owned the Timms longer and feel more attached to it. The timms isn't as sweet sounding as the Martin but I like it fine. I have been buying a lot of hi-fi gear lately so it's time to thin the heard as they say. The KS-7 is actually a laminate Kiwaya, in a different league and I doubt it's worth much.

Great price on a wonderful instrument! I would not hesitate to purchase if I was looking for one. Hey, I am always looking, never mind ...but not always prepared to jump. To anyone wanting a vintage martin and the wonderful tone, that I think is like no other...I say jump if you can!

Guess I'll be keeping these for a while. Thanks for looking.

This is going back on the market. US shipping only.

This is sold. Thanks for looking.
Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom