Thread: FedEx SmartPost is frustrating!

Default FedEx SmartPost is frustrating!

I ordered a new uke case on Ebay which shipped from New Jersey to Minnesota. On day 3 it reached MN. I'm thinking, "Cool! I'll have it sooner than I thought!" It then sits at FedEx for 2 days before it moves a whole 4 miles to another FedEx location. It is now only 34 miles away and the delivery date (which just updated today!) is 6 days from now! Now I can't really complain because I didn't pay anything for shipping so I wasn't expecting quick delivery but it seems kind of lame that it can travel from NJ to MN in 3 days but it will take 8 days to go about 38 miles! Since it's only a case I'm not going to sweat it but it's still kind of annoying. If it were a uke, this scenario would drive me up the wall!
    Ohana CK-42R concert - sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- spruce top, spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - 5A acacia top sides and back, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Ohana SK-30M - mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)

I guess I'm experiencing the down side of tracking and I'm getting what I paid for as far as the shipping goes.
    Ohana CK-42R concert - sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- spruce top, spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding

I'm finding Fedex Smartpost to be used more and more often - it's usually free, but essentially it's the worst of both FedEx and USPS combined! On the positive side though, delivery once at USPS for me has always ended up taking a couple days less than originally stated in the tracking.

I hope the turnover, once it's with USPS, is the same thing that you experienced and it's delivered a bit sooner. It's now in the same city as a major hub for USPS which is usually the last stop before it reaches my local post office so there's a chance that it could happen sooner.
    Last edited by mikelz777; 07-06-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Fedex Smartpost takes a month to get to me here in Hawaii. It's equivalent to USPS parcel post. Slow boat all the way.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

Mike,

Do you play in any of the Twin Cities Ukulele Groups? Wondering if we've had a chance to meet.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

This is getting kind of funny! My package appears to be going on a tour of the FedEx stations in the suburbs surrounding the Twin Cities. It's moved no closer to me but it traveled another 25 miles to a different FedEx station. The good news is that my estimated delivery date moved up 1 day!

I got some bike parts off eBay. They were shipped Fedex Smart Post. A few days later they were in LA. Since I live in Orange County, I figure great they'll be here in a day or so. Next update had them in North Carolina. They eventually got to me, but who ships 50 miles from the destination and then ships them 3000 miles away? There is no cost saving perspective that can support that business model.

John

Thread Information