Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mya-Moe anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Prattism@gmail.com View Post
    One more on the side of get it if you can. My Mya-Moe is my favorite practice ukulele. The playability is incredible, the sound beautiful. Coming from the guitar world, I'm a fan of the radiused neck. Mine is a chocolate heart Myrtle tenor, and it's in my hands for at least an hour or so each day. I have a Kanilea Koa that sounds more 'hawaiian' and a Cordoba 35TS strung low G that is louder and punchier with a spruce top, but whenever I reach out just to play, noodle, exercise or play-along, I seem to grab for the Mya-Moe (or Pono MGCD Concert) more than anything else. Out of 15 ukuleles if I had to get rid of most, I'd keep the Mya-Moe, the Kanilea, Black Bear Soprano, and 50's Kamaka.

The Mya-Moe put an end to my UAS. (Unless someday I can afford a Moore Bettah with the full inlay.)

I'm looking forward to meeting Aaron at TBUG this year and letting him know just how much I love his craftsmanship.
    Since you have a Mya-Moe and Kanile'a, and so do I, does your MM have a higher action than your Kanile'a uke? My MM is at 2.5mm on the 12th fret and I was thinking of lowering it to match my K, but I'm afraid to cause any buzzing since it was originally setup by Gordon and Char. I figure they would know their own ukes the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    Since you have a Mya-Moe and Kanile'a, and so do I, does your MM have a higher action than your Kanile'a uke? My MM is at 2.5mm on the 12th fret and I was thinking of lowering it to match my K, but I'm afraid to cause any buzzing since it was originally setup by Gordon and Char. I figure they would know their own ukes the best.
    I wonder if the difference in your case is that the Mya-Moe is a tenor and the Kanile'a is a concert? Both of mine are tenors. The Mya-Moe has the the thinner Fluorocarbon strings and the Kanile'a has the thicker Aquila Corde strings and is Low-G. On mine the difference on the 12th fret is negligible. At the nut the Mya-moe is a little less than .2mm higher, but to be fair I can't believe how low the Kanile'a is without any buzz. And of course the Mya-Moe has that radiused fretboard vs the Kanile'a. I'm not sure how much difference that makes, but for me it provides a little more comfort after extended playing.

My Kanile'a was setup by HMS. The Mya-Moe, you know.

Thread Information