Season 284 Time to sing along

Hi Geoff! Sorry! I am not going to be able to contribute this week, or maybe for a while. My husband was admitted to hospital last night and is seriously ill. Love to all ... hope to catch up soon!

Hi Geoff! Sorry! I am not going to be able to contribute this week, or maybe for a while. My husband was admitted to hospital last night and is seriously ill. Love to all ... hope to catch up soon!

So sorry to hear this Val. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes a speedy recovery. Hang in there! Prayers and good wishes coming your way too!

Oh! Val. So sorry to hear this. Here's wishing him all the best and hoping for a speedy recovery.

I've got as far as Steve's Quo medley and I think I've managed to add everything up to that point to the playlist.

There's some fabulous medleys here with a great selection of songs. I really like the themed medleys bringing together related songs and I hope we get more of them.

I will try and catch up some more tomorrow, though I'm out tomorrow evening but I'll definitely be able to catch up on Friday.

Keep those medleys coming. It's a great way to cover a few songs over a fairly short set, though some of you are really going to town with some sets of over 9 minutes.

I hope he gets well soon Val, and that you're back soon.

For this medley I attempted a series of country songs from between 1950 and 1954. I did one song from each year, selecting a different artist each time.

1950 Red Foley Sugarfoot rag
1951 Lefty Frizzell Always late with your kisses
1952 Webb Pierce Wondering
1953 Carl Smith Hey Joe
1954 Ray Price I'll be there

Gee Val. Sorry to hear your news and sending lots of good thoughts over to you and your husband.
It's been a bit of a rough trot for some our seasonista family lately.

peace medley

with 3/4 time sandwiched in the middle
I believe the last of the three sums up our chances best

I've got as far as Steve's Quo medley and I think I've managed to add everything up to that point to the playlist.

There's some fabulous medleys here with a great selection of songs. I really like the themed medleys bringing together related songs and I hope we get more of them.

I will try and catch up some more tomorrow, though I'm out tomorrow evening but I'll definitely be able to catch up on Friday.

Keep those medleys coming. It's a great way to cover a few songs over a fairly short set, though some of you are really going to town with some sets of over 9 minutes.

I won't do that again!

Good thoughts to you and your husband, Val. Hope you can return soon!

Hi Val,

Sorry to hear about the health issues.

Hugs, healing, peace and love from Terri and me.

xoxo

I thought I had screwed up, but it worked out in the end. I totally misread the rules and the theme of this week. I saw the words "sing along" and just picked up on that and thought the idea was to get people to sing with us. I missed the whole 'medley' thing. I think I just read it as 'melody'

I had decided that this would be the week I was going to return to the stage at an open mic, there being a new event at a nearby mall. Aha! I could get the open mic crowd to sing along to a song that I've done many times that's really easy to sing along to! I pictured 100 Yangoners loudly singing Dinosaurs and Chickens. Nope. Didn't work out that way. Yes, because it was in the middle of a big mall, and seeing a foreigner playing ukulele was a rather novel sight here, I performed in front of my largest crowd ever. That was nice. Unfortunately, they didn't sing along. Despite all my prompting. Nope. Too shy. That attempt was my third and last song of my set.

This morning I realized that I actually had done a medley. Technically, Iz's Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World is a medley. It's two song put together! Aha! I have an entry this week!

Best to you and your husband Val. Wishing everything looks up as soon as possible.

Hello! Firstly, apologies, Geoff ... I have been hijacking your wonderful Season (just found out that my Inbox was full; it isn't now!) Thanks so much to everyone who has offered their support and good wishes; you are lovely people! The news when I visited the hospital yesterday evening was not good, but it is slightly more encouraging this morning. I am just hoping for the best!

Top Bottom