Bluegrass Ukulele's by Tom Guy

Ed Gilkison

Reaction score
My family of cigar-box Bluegrass Uke's by Tom Guy Sr.
& Tom Guy Jr., made in Louisville Kentucky - my cigarbox Tenor, Concert, and Soprano.
Is there a Bluegrass Ukes owners group, here on UU or on Facebook - where we can share & show off photos of our instruments, and see what other have ?
Best Wishes and Thanks! :)
Ed Gilkison
Lakebay Washington USA

DSCN0709.jpgDSCN0711.jpg

Of all the ukes I have sold off over the years, my Tom Guy cigar box tenor is one of the ones I miss the most. :(

Nice collection of Blue Grass Ukes you have Ed. I was sad to see them stop building. Picked up a few Windsor cigar boxes, hoping to make one that sounds half as good as a Blue Grass cigar box uke.

By any chance, did you just consign your tenor Bluegrass Uke through Antebellum Instruments? I think I might have just bought it.

By any chance, did you just consign your tenor Bluegrass Uke through Antebellum Instruments? I think I might have just bought it.

I saw that instrument. I is a nice build at a good price. Enjoy!

Great looking family there Ed. They appear to be beautifully made.

If you ever get a chance, it's be great if you posted how they sound. I'm quite curious about how the "boxes" sound vibrating.

My family of cigar-box Bluegrass Uke's by Tom Guy Sr.
& Tom Guy Jr., made in Louisville Kentucky - my cigarbox Tenor, Concert, and Soprano.
Is there a Bluegrass Ukes owners group, here on UU or on Facebook - where we can share & show off photos of our instruments, and see what other have ?
Best Wishes and Thanks! :)
Ed Gilkison
Lakebay Washington USA

View attachment 101957View attachment 101958

Top Bottom