Thread: Newbe needs help deleting photos on Marketplace. Thanks

Default Newbe needs help deleting photos on Marketplace. Thanks

Sorry to waste space on site technical questions, but I'm trying to list a uke for sale and in the place where you add photos, it has old photos from previous listings and I can't figure out how to delete them. Until I do, there's a space limitation keeping me from adding more. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhiggie View Post
    Sorry to waste space on site technical questions, but I'm trying to list a uke for sale and in the place where you add photos, it has old photos from previous listings and I can't figure out how to delete them. Until I do, there's a space limitation keeping me from adding more. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Go to the old posts where the pictures are, click edit, erase the pic link.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

So I went to an old listing, the thread is closed since the uke has sold, I can't see any EDIT option anywhere on the listing or photos. What am I missing? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by rhiggie View Post
    So I went to an old listing, the thread is closed since the uke has sold, I can't see any EDIT option anywhere on the listing or photos. What am I missing? Thanks...
    Hm . . . I don't know about closed threads. Can you go in through your profile at the top of the page and tried to get to them and delete that way?

Have you PMed an admin?
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

I figured out how to do it. You can re-open a thread you closed (same way you closed it in the first place, under the "administrative" tab). Then you edit and remove the image link. Once the image is no longer associated with a post, it will disappear in an hour. I just tried it. Then I re-closed the thread. Now, an hour later, that image is no longer in my files. Hope this works for you as well!

bratsche
    A bunch of stringed instruments tuned in fifths. And a bunch of cats!

"There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!

Let me know if that works, because I can't figure it out.

I think the reason you can't upload any more pictures is because you are still a "Junior Member". You can add more once you become a full "Member", which is after 30 posts. Therefore, instead of deleting your old photos, you could just post some more comments first and then add you new pictures once you hit 30.

That did the trick! Thanks for everyone's help. I got some new photos added to my listing.

Thread Information