Vintage sopranos

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCBarnes

Reaction score
I have a couple sopranos from the 1920s to move on. Both of these ukes have a wonderful vintage look and the beautiful sound of aged mahogany.

The first is a Lyon & Healy Washburn ukulele. I got this a few years ago because I thought it would be neat to have a vintage Chicago made ukulele, since that is my hometown. It has some play wear, but there are no cracks. Bridge was regluded before I owned it (see pictures). It plays well and has a great vintage tone. It does not have a case, but I will pack it well for protection. Excellent entry into the vintage ukulele world. $SOLD shipped CONUS.

https://goo.gl/photos/njitJ2rFzTkPC52e8

Next is a 1927-1932 Martin. It has no cracks or repairs. There are a couple wear marks on the bottom where it looks like it sat on a stand. There is also a ding on the back. I tried to capture all the flaws in the pictures. The vintage friction pegs work perfectly. It is currently strung with Martin strings and has the great vintage Martin tone. It comes with both the hard case as well as the vintage canvas gig bag shown in the photos. $500 shipped CONUS.

https://goo.gl/photos/ifGT4cKvcJ5TEKXQA

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Colin

Last edited:
I just bought a Kamaka soprano from WC. It was exactly as he described it including any flaws he found. Was shipped the next morning with 2 or three day mail. It came in two. I have no hesitation buying from him again. A very upright, honest man.

The two showing are really nice. Good luck with the sale. Whomever buys them are getting quality instruments.

Nice deals on some vintage sweeties!

I've also transacted with Colin and connected him to others, too. Everybody was extremely happy wih their outcomes!

Put me down as another that bought from him. Uke was exactly as described and he's just an all around great guy!!

Thanks for the positive words guys! I have had great experiences buying and selling on UU marketplace!

I have answered all PMs. These wonderful ukes are still for sale. PM me with questions (I am out of town until Wednesday with spotty wifi, so I will answer as I a able to connect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom