Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dm6 chord

Quote Originally Posted by cdkrugjr View Post
    Don't forget that for the price of a Dm6, you ALSO get, at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, the Bm7b5 (aka "B half-diminished seventh) chord.

BONUS CHORDS!!!!! (Or as Gerald Ross puts it "Chameleon Chords.")
    Yes, the https://ukebuddy.com/chord-namer has maybe so far as I know always the right name for chords. You can't find chords like x212 with ukulele chords, but put just your notes there and the right chord name is found.

Quote Originally Posted by cdkrugjr View Post
    Don't forget that for the price of a Dm6, you ALSO get, at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, the Bm7b5 (aka "B half-diminished seventh) chord.

BONUS CHORDS!!!!! (Or as Gerald Ross puts it "Chameleon Chords.")
    And a rootless G9

The 4555 shape is pretty popular.

If you wanna be super crazy, you can play 7570. Your fingers are kinda in a G7-ish shape lol

Hope this helps!!
    Youtube
    Mililani, Hawai'i // Irvine, California
    UC Irvine c/o 2018
    Yes, of course you should watch Shigatsu

Besides the x212 that I have found useful and mentioned in the first post, its is of course a thumb mute.

It is also quite easy to play 2212 with the thumb actually fretting the g-string.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarmo_S View Post
    Besides the x212 that I have found useful and mentioned in the first post, its is of course a thumb mute.

It is also quite easy to play 2212 with the thumb actually fretting the g-string.
    If you have hands that move that way.

I can't put a thumb anywhere on the fretboard if I have any other fingers there. My hand and arm don't move that way, and I've got short stubby fingers.

I think 5757 works, but I don't know the note names, just how it sounds. And it depends on what the other chords I'm playing around it are...

-Kurt
    Ohana CK-65D * Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman G-I-T-D * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert *
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke * FireFly banjo uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22 * Kala KA-KTG-CT Cedar Top
    Cordoba 20TM * 1950's Harmony soprano *1920's era Stella banjo uke
    guitars and a 5-string banjo

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    If you have hands that move that way.

I can't put a thumb anywhere on the fretboard if I have any other fingers there. My hand and arm don't move that way, and I've got short stubby fingers.

I think 5757 works, but I don't know the note names, just how it sounds. And it depends on what the other chords I'm playing around it are...

-Kurt
    My hand is not big either, but works for me. Though if being sloppy it might sound only x212 which is same as your 5757, only a lower version.
    The notes are root, minor 3rd and the 6h with missing the 5th. As you told depends of the song (or neighbor chords) how they fit.

Thread Information