KO'OLAU T100 CURLY KOA TENOR SATIN FINISH w/KO'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackkey007

Reaction score
Mountain View, CA by way of Waipahu, Hawaii
Up for sale is my beautiful Ko'olau T100 Curly Koa tenor satin finish w/Ko'olau Passive pickup and strap button. I believe this uke was built in 2014 and I am not the original owner. I may be the 3rd owner if I'm not mistaken. This uke is in excellent+ condition ... with the exception of a nick/scrape in the fretboard binding between the 7th and 10th fretboard side dot markers and it's actually on the 8th fret. Other than that, the uke is in excellent+ condition. This instrument has a flat fretboard, it is NOT radiused. Includes like new Ko'olau hardshell case.

Please forgive me for the poor quality of the pictures. I am not into photography and I just used my smartphone's camera because I don't even own an actual camera.

I am selling this amazing uke due to my dislike for traditional headstocks ... and satin finishes. My personal preferences for uke aesthetics according to priority are slotted headstocks, high gloss finishes, side sound ports, cutaways, beveled edge/armrests, radiused fretboard, and bridge pins. The first 2 preferences are a priority and "Must haves" for my ukes. The rest are "Nice to haves" but not required.

Ok ... sssssoooooooo ... I have been wanting to sell this uke for quite sometime now. I only bought it because a fellow new UUer at the time listed it here in the Marketplace and I had been looking to buy a Ko'olau tenor for awhile, but have never played one. This opportunity came up, so I pulled the trigger on it so that I could try a Ko'olau tenor, even though it didn't have a slotted headstock and high gloss finish. My intension was to try it for a few weeks to see if I liked it enough to pursue a future purchase of one with the tone wood combination that I was looking for ... and one that had a slotted headstock, gloss finish, and bridge pins. I did finally find one from a fellow UUer and I am very happy with it now that I have found the right strings for it.

This Ko'olau T100 sounds AMAZING! The Curly Koa is very, very beautiful and I think it would have actually looked much nicer if it had a high gloss finish. Plays like butter. Tonally, this is a recording level instrument. It has well balanced full, deep, rich, low and mid tones, with crisp, clear high trebles. Exceptional resonance, sustain, clarity, and projection all the way up the neck. This is a very sweet sounding uke with wonderful overtones. Each chance that I have gotten to play this uke, really made me not want to sell it because it sounds so amazing! I think it must be the satin finish, aside from Ko'olau Master luthier Noa Bonk's building skills. Not sure, but it does sound so great! I have finally gotten around to listing this uke for sale ... but may pull it off the Marketplace at any time due to seller's remorse. Get it now before I change my mind and decide to keep it.

I am more of a collector than a player, as I have very limited time to play and practice due to other life distractions and interests. This is the last of my traditional headstock ukes in my collection, which I've only owned a few due to my personal preferences.

Includes shipping and insurance shipped via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, Paypal friends and family U.S. only. Interested International buyers please PM me.

UKE IS SOLD! MAHALO EVERYONE!:shaka:

Ko'olau T100 Curly Koa Tenor.jpgKo'olau T100 Curly Koa Tenor6.jpgKo'olau T100 Curly Koa Tenor4.jpgKo'olau T100 Curly Koa Tenor3.jpgKo'olau T100 Curly Koa Tenor5.jpg

Last edited:
That's an awesome price on an excellent condition, custom Ko'olau tenor with gorgeous upgraded koa.
Bruddah Kimo is a great person to a buy a uke from. Jump on this if you're looking for a great koa tenor.

Before we retired and closed our shop we were Ko'olau dealers. This is an outstanding ukulele at a very low price. If we were still in business this would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom