Flewelling Ditson Style Soprano

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
I’d like to start by saying I love this ukulele and really hate to part with it. I have bought some other more expensive stuff lately and have another more expensive uke in the works to be built. This is built by Neal Flewelling in Maine. I must say that this guy doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. Mahogany top, back, sides. One piece neck fitted with a dovetail. Bone nut and saddle. Loud, sweet and very easy to play. Neal is a great guy, I will likely have him build me another someday but today I need the money! Great value on a classic style uke made in the U.S.A.

$350 shipped within the U.S. Family / Friends or you pay Paypal fee. Includes gigbag.

Pictures can be seen here..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z1sAFWDdXfjH4Tjm1

Hmmm...some beautiful shots of that gorgeous Soprano. A real Gem!

Indeed it is Mario!! I just have too much on my plate right now in terms of TO MANY UKES! If I don’t get rid of some ukes and I keep bringing in new ones I may get in trouble with the Misses!! :D Everytime I bring a new one in the door I feel like I am walking the uke walk of shame haha.. She’s been a good sport though, she just shakes her head and carries on with her business! :D

Neal is a close friend. As Jon say's, he's a great guy, a very talented luthier and generally unassuming. He's modest and that largely accounts for the lack of recognition Jon cited. But...he does have a website (that hasn't been updated for a while).

http://www.flewellingguitars.com

If you go to the site and click on the K2 model, you will see one of my Flewelling ukuleles. I've also played the one Jon is offering for sale. It is a really fine soprano that can be had a very good price.

Thanks for the info Howard! Really hate to part with this one. I own a few really nice mahogany sopranos so I am trying to cut back. One of your videos playing is what initially sparked my interest. I Will most likely have Neal build me another someday! Perhaps I can get him to build me something with a spruce top! Been trying to add more of a variety to my collection! I admit the lack of info early on had me questioning if I should buy this. I truly am glad I did! Really can’t beat it for the price!

Wow, amazing. It is a terrific deal for a nice classic looking luthier made instrument. I see imports or mass produced instruments for more $ that aren't a fraction as nice as this. Good luck with the sale!

At this point the only ukes I am looking to add to my small collection is something in spruce or a vintage Martin. Does anyone have anything for trade perhaps? I can add cash if need be.

Just bought another uke. Hate to do this but Lowering price even more. Need money ASAP! $300 shipped with a koolau / pono hard case!!

Deal of the century?

You mean deal of the century!!!!

Yes it's true. Amazing a handcrafted custom soprano ukulele that will ring right into your heart while you play. Includes a hard shell case. Forget the factory built name brands -- you can't compare. This is a ukulele to treasure. I'm at my max. But if anyone is flirting with what to buy next. This is it! Jon is an honest seller and easy to deal with. That matters too.

I was afraid I was going to jump on this if nobody else did! Happy to see it has found a home. A beautiful instrument at a great price.

I’ve bought two ukes from Neal. My latest is a Hollywood style sunburst concert. It is absolutely beautiful and sounds great. I spoke with his wife a week or so ago and she told me that he went through his first round of chemo. I wasn’t aware of a gofundme. Thank you for sharing this. The Flewellings are great people.

I have seen his work on his website, but have not had the pleasure of playing any of his instruments. They look lovely and I have heard good things. I hope he is able to recover.

Top Bottom