What should be my next tenor purchase?

I just bought a Kamaka HF-3 as my first serious ukulele and I've been thinking about what I should start saving up for next. If you had a budget of ~$1500 what would be your second tenor?

I think you need to put a scope on the question.

What are you trying to get out of that money?
Just another uke? But why? What are you looking for different?

It honestly may be that you don't know yet. You've got a very nice instrument. I'd suggest spending alot of time getting to know it, and see what there is to like, and wish was different. It takes some time to get that base line down of what you have, and what you might consider better than it.

Also... you may have some flex in getting different tones from different strings on the uke you already own.

But to ask what to get without a why to get it... is just saying you have $ burning a hole in your pocket, which isn't a bad place to be. But.. to arrive at the goal that will make you happy... you need to know what you're looking for.

Which is not going to be the same as what I or someone else is looking for.

I think you need to put a scope on the question.

What are you trying to get out of that money?
Just another uke? But why? What are you looking for different?

I agree. Is the OP planning on having one reentrant and one linear? Looking for different tones? Wanting to try a different neck? Will one be for fingerpicking and one for strumming?

What style or type of music do you play? That might lead to different suggestions, depending on whether you want a mellow sound, bright sound, lots of sustain, or whatever you might have in mind.

Will one be taken out and about, and the other in a more sheltered setting?

Or maybe it's just to try out some other ukulele, which a lot of people do here.

Maybe it's too soon in the OP's journey to decide what the goal is, and right now, all input is just guidance for some things to investigate. That's good, too.

I have more than one ukulele, bought with the goal of trying different sizes, different necks, different woods, and deciding what works best for me. Sometimes being indecisive is fun, (but expensive.) LOL.

Maybe it's too soon in the OP's journey to decide what the goal is, and right now, all input is just guidance for some things to investigate. That's good, too.

This is exactly right!
But after all of the comments I think I want to try some other ukuleles out with different tone woods and such. I definitely want to have a ukulele with reentrant and one with linear tuning. I guess I hadn't thought too much about looking into what models could be best for the different types of tuning.

So many good things for me to start researching!

Top Bottom