A long shot question but.......?....

DPO

Reaction score
Anybody know a supplier for 8 inch banjo uke rim rods or coordinator rods?
My supplier of the last five years or more no longer wants my business.

I can get 9 or 10 inch and cut then cut them down and re tap the threads, but 'tis a pain to do if I don't have to.

Surely there must be someone locally who can do such a simple task for less expense than going out of your country.
We are not talking rocket science after all. If you need 2 dozen or a gross, you yourself will know what your expected needs will be for the next year.

or another idea might be to use faux dowel rods with a cut to size threaded bar though the centre, as Gold Tone have on some of their banjos.(e.g. BC350)

I made those by routing a halfround channel in a length of maple, and gluing two pieces together, thus making a hole down the centre, and no need to bore a long hole. Fairly simple.

Attachments

• P1000554.jpg
    P1000554.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
or another idea might be to use faux dowel rods with a cut to size threaded bar though the centre, as Gold Tone have on some of their banjos.(e.g. BC350)
View attachment 103345
I made those by routing a halfround channel in a length of maple, and gluing two pieces together, thus making a hole down the centre, and no need to bore a long hole. Fairly simple.

Good idea, did you make those banjos?

Surely there must be someone locally who can do such a simple task for less expense than going out of your country.
We are not talking rocket science after all. If you need 2 dozen or a gross, you yourself will know what your expected needs will be for the next year.

I will need to check that out, Thanks for the idea.

Top Bottom