Free Uke, Really...

Not to be the fly in the ointment.. but it looks like the doc is open to anyone to edit... which includes removing or moving entries.

Not to be the fly in the ointment.. but it looks like the doc is open to anyone to edit... which includes removing or moving entries.

Yup, but I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to because no one -- including me -- knows what the winning number will be. I just didn't have the time to figure out how to lock it down, and this is us -- UU -- so I figured trust would work well enough :D

I feel that there is enough respect here in the UU membership that no one would try to game the system.

I love the way this uke looks. A friend of mine owned a carbon fiber guitar that had loads of tone and volume, but sold it to pay for her move to Austin.
I really like the way it sounds, too.
I would love this uke, I have UAS again and no money to feed it.
Thanks for offering it, it's a most generous gift for a deserving uker!
Do you really build fiddles? Any carbon fiber ones?

I would love the chance to win one of these & since it would be relatively easy for anyone to find another one's number ....mine is #52...
Love the Carbon Fiber appearance!

Entered! Very many thanks for the chance ... I am intrigued by the idea of carbon fibre and have long coveted a Blackbird. (Do hope your ukes won't be quite so pricey!)

I'm in for this intriguing offer. I've played a carbon fiber top tenor recently and it sounds sweet indeeed. If anyone is worried about some untoward editing of others entries, I will simply say that google drive docs have version control on them. The document owner can see what each person has changed and undo changes too. Just a tip in case you were unaware.

Best of luck to all entrants and many thanks to robedney for the generosity to the community.

I love the way this uke looks. A friend of mine owned a carbon fiber guitar that had loads of tone and volume, but sold it to pay for her move to Austin.
I really like the way it sounds, too.
I would love this uke, I have UAS again and no money to feed it.
Thanks for offering it, it's a most generous gift for a deserving uker!
Do you really build fiddles? Any carbon fiber ones?

Hi Nickie,

Yup, carbon fiber violins is what we do. You can see a sampling at http://www.elixirviolins.com

I'm curious, what's the source of the quote in your signature "Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living." I love that!

Hi Nickie,

Yup, carbon fiber violins is what we do. You can see a sampling at http://www.elixirviolins.com

I'm curious, what's the source of the quote in your signature "Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living." I love that!

The fiddles look and sound fabulous. I wish I could still play. Two injuries took that skill away back in the 70s.
I met Johnny Gimble once, he was accompanying Willie Nelson in a "pasture concert", for some charity, back in Texas. Johnny played the 5 string fiddle, the only one I had ever seen. That got me interested in Western Swing music, which led to my love of Bluegrass music. I incorporate imitations of both genres in my jam sessions.
Robert, I honestly don't recall who gave me that quote.

I went to your site, read and listened to the sound clip for the violin which sounded good to me.
I didn't know you or any other company made carbon fiber ukuleles except for Blackbird.

Its interesting that your both in the San Francisco bay area.

I'm waiting to see and hear more of your ukulele.

Welcome to the ukulele world.

Last edited:
...I'm curious, what's the source of the quote in your signature "Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living." I love that!

...I honestly don't recall who gave me that quote.

Sorry for the digression, but I thought I could shed some light here...

I had previously thought that the person who was credited with this phrase was the Greek philosopher Plato, but upon searching just now, I found this page which attributes it to either/both Pablo Picasso and/or Berthold Auerbach (and possibly some others):

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/02/17/soul/

So it may be difficult to find an authoritative source without deeper investigation.

Seems kind of ironic to me, sort of like trying to locate the originator of the chord progression of C / Am / F / G, which has been used in a HUGE number of songs in all different music genres...

This is great! I really want an uke that is tough enough to take with me anywhere but I don't have the money for the carbon fiber variety. It's exciting to be in the running. :D

Great job you have :) Thanks for the opportunity. Been a while since a free quality uke was offered on UU. I miss the days when Aldrine used to have contests! This uke would be welcome in my family. I like ukes that have a different sound. Good luck with the final outcome! Orca...♥ it. I just thought of something. This uke should be called "Free Willy"!!! You know, the movie with the Orca?

Last edited:
This is a very generous offer. The uke looks and sounds good to me, based on the video. :)

Robert, thanks for the opportunity to enter such a neat drawing for a nice looking and sounding instrument. It's not often that you see something of such quality being offered at a mere 1 in 100 odds! :) Good luck, everyone!

bratsche

Top Bottom