Season 295 is colourful

This song was written in 1930 by Milton DeLugg and Willie Stein, and was recorded many times, most notably by Nat King Cole. My favorite version is Betty Hutton's.

Apologies for the cracking voice. It's swamp season here, which apparently means allergies go viral

/eyeroll/

I'll be here all week

I've joined the ranks of the Blue Mooners and had a wee noodle with this one this evening, I missed out the last verse as times not on my side 'cos I'm on my hols in the morning to Cornwall.
Cheers for hosting this one Geoff

Last edited:
Caught up to here. I wasn't feeling to good yesterday so I got behind but I've managed to catch up this evening. All your entries should be on the playlist. If I've missed you out, PM me and I'll put it right.

It looks like a theme song is emerging for this season. We now have four versions, all different. If we get some more, I'll make a separate Blue Moon playlist. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Otherwise a very varied selection of entries with the the colour blue being the most popular colour, unsurprisingly.

Keep them coming, folks. Meanwhile...

How about some blues with blue right in the title (along with black)? Here's a little touch of Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

I tried to write another old-timey sounding song. And I wore my most colorful shirt and hat.

When you look at me with those sweet brown eyes
I don't have to fantasize
Everything I want is realized
Every day is my dream come true
You never make my blue eyes blue
Everything I need is only you

Standing in the rain
Or walking in the park
Holding hands in the sunshine
Or kissing in the dark
I love you, and you love me
I can see we both agree