Thread: Help! Fluke dilemma! (sorta)

Default Help! Fluke dilemma! (sorta)

Hi folks,

The beauty you see below is my concert Fluke.

fluke.jpg

It's my office uke. I like it immensely, and use it from time to time to post Season of the Ukulele entries from my car during breaks.

Problem: I recently bought soprano Koa Flea. It's amazing. The wooden fretboard is a dream. I love playing it more than any MFC instrument I've owned.

I want to upgrade my Fluking experience. Hence, the dilemma. Do I send my office Fluke to Massachusetts for a new fretboard, or do I sell the office Fluke and buy a new Fluke with the proper bells and whistles?

My guess is the new one would set me back about $100 more than upgrading the current one. I also could get a different top.

But I tend to be frugal, so what's your suggestion?

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
    Martin C1K • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Since you already love that Fluke, I'd just get the upgraded board.
    John

I'd go get another with a different top.....you know you want to
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I'd go get another with a different top.....you know you want to
    I know! That's the problem!
    Martin C1K • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWYefe9EzI

Be frugal and enjoy the experience.
    Unfortunately, the Fluke will be the only one making the trip!

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Live with what you have while you save more money. When more money is saved, purchase the Fluke of your dreams. Then the Dream Fluke becomes the new office Fluke, and the (current) office Fluke becomes the new car/camping/travel Fluke.

Problem solved!

Scooter
    Tenor Koa Fluke (rosewood fretboard, Pegheds)
    Concert Tie-Dye Flea (rosewood fretboard, Lucy's tuners)
    Soprano Firefly (walnut fretboard, Pegheds)
    Late 40's Martin Style 1 soprano
    Concert Oscar Schmidt Mousekulele
    Tenor Mainland Mahogany Slothead
    Concert Eddy Finn Moon and Stars

"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a Ukulele."
    ~Linus Van Pelt~

When I asked MF C about upgrading top and fretboard, they told me to see the one I have and buy new one with everything you want. For me, I'd sell my Fluke tenor which is poly fretboard that I upgraded to pegheds and I'd get the solid Koa or spruce with wooden fretboard and pegheds.

Just got my Koa fluke and am totally in love. Go for a new one. 9D4D0ACB-3E90-46E5-B5D8-A148863B946C.jpg

Just got my first MF instrument, a concert Flea, walnut rosette with upgraded fretboard and tuners. My only other uke is a concert mahogany Pono. I love the Pono, but I'm planning to put it away for the winter (very dry air here in my heated apartment) and use the Flea exclusively, maybe take it to work sometimes to play during lunch.

I am immediately happy with my Flea and it's upgrades.
    flea_ukulele.jpg

Scooter1552 and Toby --

Two gorgeous instruments!

I brought the Fluke home for the weekend to give it some intense work/play and see if I want to upgrade now or take ScooterD35's advice and buy a new one later (keeping the herd together ... ).

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Thread Information