Nud, Nud

Pat Eaton

Reaction score
Hey UU folk, just thought I would share my completed Tenor builds.

These where just a blast to build.

Props to Hana Lima Ia for their book, it was a great help. Also thanks to all the posters who shared their ideas and experiences!

Although not perfect they sound pretty good.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20171021_122141.jpg
    20171021_122141.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 20171021_122153.jpg
    20171021_122153.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 100
  • 20171021_122209.jpg
    20171021_122209.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 102
looks nice

thx for sharing

keep going

Hello all and thanks for the comments. These are my first builds, however I spent a childhood and beyond building model airplanes. The craft is not much different.

The wood used is, Sapele back and sides, Red cedar top on one, Black walnut necks, Maple for the fret board. I am fortunate to have a wood supply store near home that sells wood for luthiery.

Pretty nice job. Impressive. Wish I had time and skills to try a build. Maybe when I retire. Can you reference the book you used! Tuners Grover? How long did it take to build?

So that's the reason for the excellent first build! Being an ex aircraft modeler myself, I can understand how you acquired your skills. I agree that the building methods, tools and patience are very similar to one another. What I like about building ukuleles is that they don't crash as often as model planes!

Bob

Hey M3Ukulele, the book I purchased can be found at the "Hana Lima Ia" website under the books and plans section. $25 well spent. The tuners are Grover tuners from Stemac. The build time was around 4 months on and off. (Not retired yet)

So that's the reason for the excellent first build! Being an ex aircraft modeler myself, I can understand how you acquired your skills. I agree that the building methods, tools and patience are very similar to one another. What I like about building ukuleles is that they don't crash as often as model planes!

Bob

Agreed less pieces to pick up!

Very nice looking ukes, Pat! Are you able to show us a sound sample?

Top Bottom