Amazon Uke Giveaway

robedney

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'll do proper NUD later, but I had to share this. Based on a UU thread I had a look on Amazon at the Enya KUT-25D Tenor. Solid mahogany top (true), mahogany back and sides (laminate), Okoume neck (three piece), "Tech-Ebony" fingerboard and bridge (lovely), Nu_bone nut and presumably saddle. Branded geared tuners (smooth, no slop).

I have no association with Enya, Amazon or anyone else.

I ordered three of these at $22.70 each and they arrived in two days. Well packed - no damage.

Also in the package is a usable clip-on tuner, a neck-strap (the sort that clips in the sound hole and loops around the back of the uke), a spare set of strings and a very decent, well padded gig bag. The uke comes with two strap buttons installed. I would have paid $22.70 for the gig bag.

This is a steal -- really. The fit and finish is nearly flawless. The action is actually set well. Inside are properly made lining and nicely finished bracing. The sound is more than acceptable even with the strings it came with. I'll change out the strings for the NUD for comparison. The fret-work is far better than average on lower end ukes.

The mahogany solid top is a very decent piece of wood and definitely solid. I got three of these things as spares for our uke club, but I'll be keeping one for sure.

I've just checked Amazon and the deal is apparently over -- the same uke is now $72.70 -- free shipping with Prime. The thing is, for a solid top uke that's still a great deal. I'll report back if I find anything wrong with this thing, but so far it competes very well with instruments at two and even three times the price. With the decent set-up out of the box it's a great first instrument, spare, beach-uke, extra for oddball tuning, whatever.

Christmas presents???

Same experience, or nearly so.
Three Enya ukuleles, soprano, concert, and tenor.
Very good ukuleles, as is is my Enya camp soprano. Outstanding price.
I'll set the concert and tenor up as lefties for my niece and nephew.
I didn't play these much other than a good looking over.
We have a serious low humidity weather condition at the moment know to us as Santa Ana winds.

Same experience, or nearly so.
Three Enya ukuleles, soprano, concert, and tenor.
Very good ukuleles, as is is my Enya camp soprano. Outstanding price.
I'll set the concert and tenor up as lefties for my niece and nephew.
I didn't play these much other than a good looking over.
We have a serious low humidity weather condition at the moment know to us as Santa Ana winds.
Btw, the concert and soprano are still very attractively priced. $30 and $33 at this moment, it won't last though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom